Haldex issue on s3 stage2+

luckbox

Reaction score
So I've read all the other threads about Haldex issues... But my problem is a little different.

Lately I've been noticing some wheel spin on wet surfaces, it will spin the front wheels quite agressively for a few seconds and occasionally it will kick in some power in the rear. I also noticed on a dry surface straight road full throttle on 2nd gear I get the occasional traction control flashing blip and the power cuts for a moment.
First weird thing is I went to test on sand and the 4wd will work and I can do donuts easily..
Now the second weird thing is I'm not even getting an intermittent fault code for anything, car has been scanned multiple times with VCDS (full scan, AWD scan etc) but it's not showing anything. I understand for the pump or controller unit it should come up with something... A mechanic told me to swap the pre charge pump first because apparently it will only show a fault when it's totally broken and if it is on it's way out it might not have enough pressure to work on a dry surface but it will work on sand as less pressure is needed.

Has anyone had experiences on pre charge pumps failing without fault codes or is there anything else that could be broken?

Problem solved with a new haldex pump. Car wheel spun in the wet continuously but never showed up any fault codes....

Nice! Glad you got it sorted. Out of interest, how much did that set you back?

Here in Finland new pump + oil + labour = 430€ (345 GBP). Could of gotten the pump 40 euros cheaper online but picked it up directly from my local Audi dealership because of fast delivery.

Not bad I suppose. Touch wood, my haldex has been OK. I've heard the pumps are prone to failure.
How many miles has your car done?

73k on mine, pumps gone. Similar to above, would work intermittently, no fault codes at all. Pump has now fully gone and has an error code. Managed to get a brand new one from haldex parts for 180 quid. Will be getting fitted on saturday!