A3 (2007) Heated Side Mirrors

joe_hustler

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

I'm not sure how to switch on the heated mirrors and how to know it is switched on and working

can someone help please?

Pretty sure it's automatic below a certain temperature.

Think they switch on when you switch rear window heater on.

Yeah on my 03 8P they come on with the rear de-mist, I would imagine it's the same on an 07.

I've got electric folding mirrors and it will heat the mirrors by turning the dial to the upright position.

does a light come on our something so that you know its on? and is there some way of testing that its working?

On mine its the knob to alter the wing mirrors, in the center position push knob up, no light no indication accept mirrors start demisting

guys I just called Audi and they said it comes on itself when the temperature is below a certain threshold but he wasnt sure what that threshold was. So now its like I'm not sure cos I wanna check it to make sure its working before the winter sets in and my warranty runs out

I'm sure mine is with the rear demist button too

This is a quote from my 2005 sportback manual,"the mirrors are heated depending on the outside temperature and vehicle speed until the ignition is switched off, even if the knob is no longer in position "O " (knob pointing forward on the mirror adjuster.)

Reactions: LEE69
Always forgot I had these on mine until it was really cold in a morning and they starting steaming!