3.0 tdi tail pipes

Cliffy

Reaction score
hi guys, I have just got a 3.0 tdi sline and the tail pipes are black and look abit honking, they also point down which I feel ruins the whole back end, I'd prefer a straight chrome pipe, without getting under the car is this part of the box at the back or just like a trim cover??

Thanks in advance

The curved down pipes are part of the box. I had mine sawn off and replaced with shiny covers.

P1000523_zpsad60cb09.jpg

That looks so much better and I have the same colour car so I now know what it will look like, which covers did you use?

No joy. Here's the link, but that particular set's no longer available. I'm sure you can find something similar though.

Reactions: Cliffy
Thanks for that I'll have a look into it

Well I thought mine were standard but then noticed an rs stamped on them, iam going to keep tailpipes but rip off the rear boxes like my a6 had, that sounded sweet.
Greenwich 20140928 00701

Andy1acars - Is that the regular diffuser on the cab? looks better than the boring one on my 2.7 Saloon.

I got the tips of my friends A4 DTM, really nice edition to the car, cut the back boxes off to allow the V6 noise out a little more and thankfully it's subline to drive on the cruise, no cabin boom or drone. ( I need to get photos of the rear)

10527302_10152157190896046_5796395235824264203_n_zps101feeb2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6zxNM8kbBE

Reactions: DieselJake
Golfedd yes standard as far as I know. Your car sounds the nuts. That is exactly the noise I want especially in a cab on a summers day. There are plenty of clips of nice sounding a5's but not many a4's but it should sound similar. I have had too many v8's and addicted to howling and growling! Next job on the list.

Reactions: Golfedd