How fast you had out of yeah TDi

Rev-head

Reaction score
Well today on a private road back from edinburgh with the wind behind me i managed 120 in the TDi i have put the tuning chip on her which is suppose to get her up to 140bhp which i doubt..TBH............but she got there.................232000 miles on the clock as well!!....and going strong

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

....127mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

...on a private runway of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

in a non chipped A3 TDI (130)

...i think i cud get a little more out of it as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I had 125 on the clock in the A4 TDI S-Line thingy courtesy car i had last week.

Don't know what power it was though 2.0TDI 6 speed 55 plate so i presume a 140.

An indicated 127mph on an autobahn in my 185,000 miler '97 Saloon. Not quite maximum revs though, try as I might I can't wring the last 500rpm out of it...

Oh come on guys I managed 120+ on my way to work down my private drive this morning... who was it that said Diesel IS THE WAY TO GO- I think not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

I have the S4 for the real speed factor 150+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Pushed 130+ coming back from Stuttgart, just wish I had the RS4 ARB fitted then as 4 adults and a boot load of luggage didn't help handling

Got 135ish mph according to the speedo down the A2 (Germany) towards Dortmund a couple of weeks ago, still had someone behind wanting to overtake in a porsche...

[ QUOTE ]

....127mph

...on a private runway of course

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this of the conveyor kind? ... Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

....127mph

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this of the conveyor kind? ... Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

127 on the speedo, the car wasn't actually moving... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Petrols way forward really. Had 150mph in tt 225 roadster just yesterday. Roof was down too!

[ QUOTE ]
Oh come on guys I managed 120+ on my way to work down my private drive this morning... who was it that said Diesel IS THE WAY TO GO- I think not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooden spoon springs to mind, lol

Im quite suprised why people think that breaking the speed limit by twice the legal limit is good?

isnt 130mph top-end not good enough anyway?

And yes DIESEL is the way to go! Why is it many Ex-S3 owners are buying into the diesel scence? Cost & Economy/Performance IS the way forward,especially in this expensive country we live in.....

Going as fast as you can safely for the conditions is fine in my book, clear motorway in the middle of the day in the dry I'll go as fast as I ****** well like. My point was I wasn't even trying to get to 120 as my journey is only 20mins and I don't see the point normally just a short prod of the throttle on an empty bit of road.

The reason people are going from S3s to Dervs is normally they need the money and want a cheap car to run or they like the torque of the S3 and Diesels have lots of torque so they don't loose out on the whole driving experience, I do hope you're not trying to say the 2.0TDi A3 is a better car than the S3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ps... I hope my wooden spoon is a really big comedy style one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

pps... I realise I sound like a total c /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gift but if the hat fits and all that!

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....127mph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was this of the conveyor kind? ... Sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif haha....disused airfields way forward /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

If Mikejervism was on a conveyor belt in his TT and his wheels were going forward and the conveyor belt was going in the other direction would his TT take off or would the sunroof coming smashing down on his head, knock him unconcious and smash all his front teeth out except for the crown at the front middle making him look like a comic book baby?

I'll let the boffins in there white coats and fuzzy haircuts and moustaches from the other thread with the plane and the conveyor belt sort this one out and will eagerly await the result in about 9 to 12 months time as im going up the pub. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Going as fast as you can safely for the conditions is fine in my book, clear motorway in the middle of the day in the dry I'll go as fast as I ****** well like. My point was I wasn't even trying to get to 120 as my journey is only 20mins and I don't see the point normally just a short prod of the throttle on an empty bit of road.

The reason people are going from S3s to Dervs is normally they need the money and want a cheap car to run or they like the torque of the S3 and Diesels have lots of torque so they don't loose out on the whole driving experience, I do hope you're not trying to say the 2.0TDi A3 is a better car than the S3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ps... I hope my wooden spoon is a really big comedy style one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

pps... I realise I sound like a total c /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gift but if the hat fits and all that!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I do hope you're not trying to say the 2.0TDi A3 is a better car than the S3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Your words not mine

2.ps... I hope my wooden spoon is a really big comedy style one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Yes it is lol

3. The reason people are going from S3s to Dervs is normally they need the money and want a cheap car to run or they like the torque of the S3 and Diesels have lots of torque.

Exactly my point, Diesel wins.......................lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

140 achieved twice in the last month, and its getting easier as I get the problems sorted and the weather gets warmer. New tyres now, if i can get all the wheels properly lined up (whatthe previous owner was doing i don't know) , and after a service, maybe a little more to come...? Holidays in Germany this summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ive regually had 140 out of mine however i checked this against my tom tom and this showed 125!!!

[ QUOTE ]
ive regually had 140 out of mine however i checked this against my tom tom and this showed 125!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Speedos invariably read over; your's is out by a tad over 10% which is about normal. I always rely on TomTom's speed - it sometimes p*ss*s people off through motorway road works but I haven't been flashed yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
149MPH -150MPH up n down like a yoyo via Sat Nav although it was in my BMW 120d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop showing off, Judas. I'm not jealous at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif If only Audi produced an engine that refined and with that much power. Damn you BMW for making such great engines but for employing such crap designers!!

Indicated 130mph, BTW, with 300-400 revs left. So guess, that's about 120mph in real money. It gets there pretty quickly though, but starts to smokea little at that speed with throttle at 100% so never dared go further. Poor engine.

yup thats why I bought the BMW, although I'm partial to the looks of the oner - it grows on you although the next car is a 330d in the M kit and its shouting at me...very loudly!

so is AMD magic and the 3.0d engine come to think of it

I know mine's a bit older, but even so - the 330D is a great car, and its the engine that makes it so, so refined and just keeps on pulling... sounds great too, makes the tdi in the Audi sound really agricultural!

Im not admitting to my top speeds in either car.. even on my private runway.. though I will say, that despite a reasonably close match at lower speeds between the remapped 1.9tdi A4, and the non remapped 330D.. at higher speeds, at the point where the A4 is running out of puff, the 330D is pulling as hard as ever.. and I'll be honest on the road sorry runway I was on I chickened out well before the car did!

wish i was keeping it.. having sorted the suspension (eibach) and the brakes (black diamond) remap was the next step.. MUcho torque!

137mph indicated on the speedo which prob means 130ish GPS verefied?

got the 2.0TDi sport A3 2005

anyone with a chipped one on here? what speeds did you manage to get out and how quickly compared to normal did you get there?

Ciao