Code 38 For 20 Days?

lshigham

Reaction score
Long story short, spoke to my dealer beginning of the month and was told it's been built and waiting at Emden and i'd have it in a few weeks (one week to the UK and a a week to PDI etc). Fast forward to now and it's still at the port in Germany, surely that's not right? Annoyed because I arranged something for next weekend expecting to have my car and now will have to take a polo rammed full of 20 year olds for a 200 mile drive trip!

Thanks - Least it's probably not been lost off a pier then!

Would have been nice for the dealer to mention that instead of over promising :(

It was the UK transporter situation - back in March/April there was a shortage of car transporters to actually get the cars from Grimsby to all the UK dealers.

When I spoke to my head of business last week he explained that cars can be at Emden for upto 3 weeks in exceptionally busy times (sept/march) as boats are full and a shortage of transporters the other end.

He did mention that ones it's at Grimsby he could 'hurry it up', seem to work as it's gone from Emden to collection in a week.

You won't want to hear this, but another reason why a car could be at Emden for a long time, is if it had sustained some damage on the train journey.

There is a rectification/rework facility at Emden to "polish it out" Sir. ;)

You won't want to hear this, but another reason why a car could be at Emden for a long time, is if it had sustained some damage on the train journey.

There is a rectification/rework facility at Emden to "polish it out" Sir. ;)

You're right I didn't want to hear that but it would explain why every other car I know of round my build week took less than a week to get through and mines still there 22 days later (not that I'm counting...)

Spoke to the dealer this morning not having seen your message, he wouldn't/couldn't offer any explanation for the delay and basically said stop bothering me, I'll call you if anything changes (2 emails in as many weeks is the only contact I've made). Really not happy :(

Call Audi CS, they should be able to give you any info, if there is any.

At the very least you can mention that you are

"Extremely Dis-satisfied"
(Magic phrase)

Call Audi CS, they should be able to give you any info, if there is any.

At the very least you can mention that you are

"Extremely Dis-satisfied"
(Magic phrase)

Don't want to feel like I'm going behind the dealers back but I'll give them a ring tomorrow, thanks :)

End of the day it's £25k+ good service is a given. I was in a similar situation eg no communication etc. I was about to email audi CS but instead emailed the head of business at my dealership and arranged a meeting within 48 hours. He appreciated the fact I had gone to him rather than run to audi, he sorted the issue there and then and gave me a car to drive away in until mine came as I was without a car.
This way your only going behind your salesman's back and to most your only a number anyway.

Thanks guys. Forgot to mention, the car I'm part exing is due a service in a little over 300 miles, is it unreasonable to expect not to have to service it?

From reading around other forums, the "average" wait time at Emden is 15 days. Some people get their cars quicker, some later. Also depends on time of year etc.

Mine was 14 days at Emden in the end, then a further 12 before I finally collected it.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bw-10-11-12-13.212454/page-3#post-2121802

I wouldn't fancy 20 1-year olds in my car for 200 miles.

It's the luck of the draw isn't it? Mine took exactly 14 days from day of being built to arriving at the dealer in Exeter which was amazing!

Spoke to Audi CS as still not getting any sense out of the dealer, was told I can't have an update as I don't have an order number. They did however say they are taking 10 days tops currently to go through Emden...

Call CS back again.

They can get your order number from your name, address, car ordered and supplying dealer. They are being lazy.

Are you sure you haven't got your order number? It's an 8 digit number on the Sales Order Confirmation piece of paper.

Call CS back again.

They can get your order number from your name, address, car ordered and supplying dealer. They are being lazy.

Are you sure you haven't got your order number? It's an 8 digit number on the Sales Order Confirmation piece of paper.

I've got the box for it on the form but it's empty!

Will try again armed with the knowledge, thanks. Running out of patience here, you'd think they might have heard of customer service if you are spending 25k

Had a message left on my phone at 5:30 to say it's code 40 and he'll ring me Monday with an ETA, code 40 is in the port in the OK isn't it?

Watch this space...