Problem With A3 2.0tdi (170bhp) Fault Code P3138 (12600)

nickb05

Reaction score
morning,
new to the forum and need some help, my car has been having issues recently iv been getting the flashing glow plugs and then they stop and the engine management light comes on also the car kicks out a LOT of black smoke even at idle. iv had it scanned and the code coming back is

p3138 (12600) intake manifold runner control regulation deviation
and
p0546 exhaust temp sensor (bank 3) *this is getting changed at the moment

my question pretty much is, is the intake manifold runner the anti-shudder valve/ throttle body? or is it the black plastic but after the EGR valve with the flaps in? also would this fault cause the smoke that im getting? also the diagnostics said that the p3138 fault was intermittent but the smoke seems to be pretty much constant at the minute and i removed the pipe that feeds the anti shudder valve and seen the flap does actuate when the engine is turned off so it does function to a degree.
just to confirm the car is a 07 A3 2.0tdi s-line 170bhp

one last thing apparently there was a service bulletin from audi to do with the p3138 code and a software update was required but when i went to warrington audi they said that they couldn't find the bulletin and palmed me off.
cheers for your time lads , nick

yes the intake manifold runner is the anti shudder flap /valve giggling pin whatever ppl want to call it , even though the flap opens and closes doesn't meant it isnt faulty , try to do an adaption or a basic setting . may cure it for a while ,
whilst its off check the egr valve is working correctly

Cheers for that, it turns out the smoke is due to the innards of the DPF bring removed and then not being properly deleted on the ecu so I need to get that redone and that's also what burnt out the exhaust gas temp due to it constantly regenning and over fuelling . Thanks again for your help