Problem with new car - A3 S Line TDi 170bhp - P2563 code

a3evotg

Reaction score
Hi all,

Kind of a bit annoyed.

I viewed this car twice on two days, spent a lot of time looking around it , and took it for a good test run and there was no faults on it and no faults when driving.

Its a 2009 S Line 3 door with the 170 bhp TDi engine.

It drives fine, pulls like a train, i did about 30 miles in it today no problems, then went and met a friend to show him the car, whilst sat stationary outside his house, with the engine running and upto temperature, the glow plug light was flashing? Odd I thought. I revved the engine and it stopped and went out.

A few minutes later it came back on again and stayed on, the car seemed to be down on power, but not in limp mode?

Driving home it went off again by itself, I have full VCDS Vagcom so when I got in I scanned it and the code that comes back is P2563 Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit

I cleared the code, took it round the block, no glow plug light came on but when I got back rescanned the engine module and this code was back. Cleared it, took it for another run, came back, scanned it, no fault codes?

Seems to be an intermittent issue? Its a stunning car in great condition, only done 95k full history.

I have 12 months warranty with it.

IT had been sat up for a while before I used it, a good few weeks if thats anything to do with it?

Bit stumped otherwise, from google searches ive read something about a faulty G581 sensor to things like the turbo being knackered?

Thanks