S3 Just Ordered

Tjshorty

Reaction score
Found myself walking past Audi City London on Friday, got somewhat taken in by the multimedia screens downstairs, and walked out 45mins later having ordered a stock S3 which I am due to get before the end of the month - never driven one, only sat in one once, no real plans to change the car - but 0-62 in 4.8 secs !, now really looking forward to getting it. They did me a great deal and a great trade in on my A5 cab. Spec is Glacier White, Black pack, Privacy glass, comfort pack, folding mirrors, and nav. Standard S3 wheels. S tronic & 3 doors..... I didn't have the fun of choosing my spec like many of your on this forum, however I suspect I would have spent £5k more if I had have done. Only disappointed I could get B&O and why no 19 inch wheel option ?

Reactions: Fanboy and RYuill
Found myself walking past Audi City London on Friday, got somewhat taken in by the multimedia screens downstairs, and walked out 45mins later having ordered a stock S3 which I am due to get before the end of the month - never driven one, only sat in one once, no real plans to change the car - but 0-62 in 4.8 secs !, now really looking forward to getting it. They did me a great deal and a great trade in on my A5 cab. Spec is Glacier White, Black pack, Privacy glass, comfort pack, folding mirrors, and nav. Standard S3 wheels. S tronic & 3 doors..... I didn't have the fun of choosing my spec like many of your on this forum, however I suspect I would have spent £5k more if I had have done. Only disappointed I could get B&O and why no 19 inch wheel option ?

I also ordered mine with out having driving it first. You won't be disappointed.

Nice colour choice to. Looks lovely with the black pack and privacy glass.

Sportsback doesn't get the 19" wheel option whereas the saloon does.
You just walked in and walked out before doing any research with trying to save any money? You must be minted.
Audi City London is probably one of the more expensive dealers as well, they must of been laughing when you walked out of the door.

It's actually 0-62 in 4.9 secs according to Audi official

You just walked in and walked out before doing any research with trying to save any money? You must be minted.
Audi City London is probably one of the more expensive dealers as well, they must of been laughing when you walked out of the door.

I think the salesman was crying to be honest - managed to get just over 10% off and a higher trade in for my A5, which I thought was a good deal - I pushed hard and in the end they were searching for new registrations for the month. Having said that I didn't do any research so I might have done a terrible deal.....

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy your new car when it arrives and enjoy the forum. :) :)x

I also ordered mine with out having driving it first. You won't be disappointed.

Nice colour choice to. Looks lovely with the black pack and privacy glass.
If you have any pictures I would love to see them, as I haven't seen one in the flesh

If you have any pictures I would love to see them, as I haven't seen one in the flesh

Here's a few.

da606f9b446d2af5168be9dc1e63929f.jpg

1496c584515ff69a2c490f755f58c6d3.jpg

2ee91609e565b0f96bc4d969b493d9f7.jpg

ec34138491cd98829edba19efeba0678.jpg

75f9775e481f1ef9772591e9b1bdfa52.jpg

67f2310ca7d14ea85bd9c181327d283f.jpg
c4def81cc1f8505f33ec8564f52adb2d.jpg

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
It is fast, it's just not aggressive. You have to look at the speedo to notice your flying. 80 feels like 60.

Launch control is nice and hitting the kick down switch when overtaking. They remind you how fast the car is.

I'm thinking about getting the DTUK tuning box to add that bit of aggression. I have driven my brothers golf 7 R, and it's the same. Gear changes are just so smooth it doesn't throw you into the seat.

It is fast, it's just not aggressive. You have to look at the speedo to notice your flying. 80 feels like 60.

Launch control is nice and hitting the kick down switch when overtaking. They remind you how fast the car is.

I'm thinking about getting the DTUK tuning box to add that bit of aggression. I have driven my brothers golf 7 R, and it's the same. Gear changes are just so smooth it doesn't throw you into the seat.
I will have to see what it's like when I get it - I suspect it will be fast enough to start with. Will post some pics when I pick it up next week.

Reactions: RYuill

It's actually not, he says he is buying a 3 door S3, not a 5 door sportback ;)

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Walk in?
Never test drove it?
10% off?
Top trade in deal?

No research either...you must have done something good!

Is it brand new? End of the month is a quick delivery time.

Nice options, few things I would add but I think you're made up :)

Walk in?
Never test drove it?
10% off?
Top trade in deal?

No research either...you must have done something good!

Is it brand new? End of the month is a quick delivery time.

Nice options, few things I would add but I think you're made up :)

Yes it's brand new & unregistered. It was a car waiting to hit the port in the UK (which it did yesterday apparently), it was not allocated to any particular dealer so it was sort of there for the taking. In terms of the deal, in fairness I negotiate for a living (so I would go broke if I can't get a deal done) and from experience the last couple of weeks of any quarter is normally the best time to get some money off - however if that particular car didn't happened to be available they wouldn't have got close to the deal they gave me - 5% max is normally what they will do. I am pretty pleased with the spec - there are a few things I would have added, but all in all I am pleased with the outcome - just hope I enjoy the car as much as I hope to.

Nice car! Hope you enjoy it :) Audi west London does better deals IMO as I've been there couple of times and they wanted to get rid of one of their x dis s4s and therefore were willing to knockoff 10% + adding a few extra options at no cost...

But to me was still a lot and had no intention buying a new car at all as I already knew as soon as I walk out the door I'll lose about 20% of the car...

So I'm still shopping around for
A good clean used s4

Cheers