What Would Be The Best Order To Fit Rnse And Bluetooth

RustyBucket

Reaction score
I've currently got the head unit shown below fitted to my 2006 S3 and I'm going to upgrade to RNSe and Bluetooth. However, with all the help on here I'm pretty confident I can fit the head unit myself so question is,
  1. Should I have the Bluetooth (Fiscon Bluetooth "Basic Plus") fitted with my current head unit and will it require extra work to get the Bluetooth working again if I wait until funds permit and upgrade the head unit at a later date? Or, should I wait and get them done at the same time?
  2. Also this is the head unit I'm thinking of buying, should this be a straight swap in terms of the facia and do I need any kind or wiring harness/conversion kit for fitting?
Cheers

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Personally I'd go oem bt if money permits & yours must be a late 06 car to have that dd unit fitted, so rns-e will need an antenna system upgrade to be optimal reception as it changed when those dd concert units were fitted & will create radio reception issues of which we can fix.

If you are interested we can supply/fit the lot including radio antenna upgrade.

There's no order in which to put it in to be honest, I would put them in at the same time and get the most use out of both from the off. Works even better if you have multi-function. I would also say fit OEM bluetooth as this is such a better system than any other. Any help just pm me thanks

Thanks for the advice guys, that's great. Just wondering about the wiring harness/conversion, is that something I'm going to need?

Had a result on the Bluetooth - I was talking to S3_Jacko yesterday evening and he mentioned that based on my set up with the multi-function wheel that I may well have Bluetooth already....I'd never thought to check as it wasn't advertised as a feature when I bought the car. Anyhow, switched Bluetooth on on the my phone, got in the car and there it was!
Cheers

Do you have Bose or AUX installed in your S3 right now? if you do you will need to move around a couple of wires when upgrading to the RNS-E otherwise its pretty much a swap over and code job.

Nice one, I've got Bose so hopefully it will all be pretty straight forward then, I've also got VCDS so just need to have a bit of a hunt around the forum to work out what needs changing.

If you have Multi-function steering wheel this doesn't mean you will have bluetooth, if you an armrest with phone prep or phone prep on the dash you will 100% have bluetooth or another way to tell is if you have the shark fin on the roof and not sat nav you will have bluetooth.

As for Bose I wouldn't bother moving over the wire for it, Bose sounds way better with it disconnected, gives a vcds error but well worth it.

Excellent pointers, yup I had MFW with phone cradle on dash and shark fin on the roof with no sat nav. Wish I'd know these little gems a couple of months ago when I got the car ;)

I think I may be getting a bit confused.......I'm pretty sure I've got the Bose system (Bose speakers in the doors and subwoofer) so what does the Bose wire do and why does it sound better with it disconnected?

Ah, I see what you are saying now, cheers for that. Still looking at head units on fleabay and have seen this one. Its a version G and everything I've read says that G doesn't include SDS but this seller says that it does, I've asked for confirmation it has SDS but am I missing something with the G version when it was included?