Ouch Iphone 6 Not Cheap

Is nothing new in the phone scene that makes me want to change, my phone is now 2yrs old and decided to keep it this time around.

We need a new ground breaking feature to come along, i guess that why phone sales are dropping, the old ones still do everything you really need.

Everything is faster with the six and if your lucky, you will live in a 4G area, gaming is better, the screen is pixel perfect. Gold 128G :eagerness:

15ae4206d46acbe06a934abe428eb6a2_zpscade7d5b.jpg

Everything is faster with the six and if your lucky, you will live in a 4G area, gaming is better, the screen is pixel perfect. Gold 128G :eagerness:

So whats it like taking a call ? :D

The picture quality is amazing

So whats it like taking a call ? :D

This is what aggregates me about smartphones and their contracts. For me it is a phone. The fact that I can do various other things on it is just a convenience. So I don't care if I have unlimited internet and various bolt on packages foe £5 a month. If I haven't got a telephone signal, what's the point!

It works perfectly as a phone.

It also does not bend, but i would not recommend sitting on one. :)

Bought a 6 plus yesterday, for me it's perfect as I use it a lot in the business and now reading emails, looking at files customers send is easier on the bigger screen.

It is bordering on being a mini, mini iPad.

I was a previous Android user, purchased a cheap 4S last year to try out the Apple brand (I had never owned anything apple before)
Before I purchased the 4S I owned a HTC One X and a Sony Xperia.
First thing I liked about the 4S was the build quality - the feel and construction was like no other, it felt solid, weighty and premium.

IOS Software was easy to use - but basic. I missed the techie features and toys that android provided - the iphone was basically "heres your phone, the battery has charge - do what you do" as opposed to android "your battery is at 89.212% applications X & Y are using this much processing power.etc"

I was then given a 5S earlier this year as a work phone - natrually I swapped over the sims and use as my personal mobile.
There was no real change apart from the obvious; (bigger, quicker, longer battery).etc - seemed to loose a little of its premium feel too, due to the weight loss.
I jailbreaked the phone and installed a few packages that make the phone more functional and usable (hold lock button for torch.etc).
Nothing really more to write home about.

The iphone6 and IOS8 - I had been thinking for a while that Apple had lost the edge - this new device and IOS confirms it.
"The biggest release since the iphone" - apart from the phones size, the statement is incorrect.
Just a few additional features over the 5S, build quality feels pants compared to previous models - I think the only way for Apple now is down, they have had thier hayday I think.
That plus the fact that people who have Apple products for years now fancy something else - its natrual human behaviour.

When my contract is due - ill be heading back over to Android, on a Sony device.
A friend of mine has the Galaxy S5 - cracking phone, but it feels a little cheap for a flagship device.

Just realised the link above doesn't work with Tapatalk. I used a link from Facebook.

The iPhone is hassle free. We are in Dubai on holiday. Our photos are up on the iCloud at the click of a finger for our parents to see on their iPad. My brother in law and sister are on android and the photo upload is a faff. We are currently in the Dubai mall where they have 15 gig wifi and yet it's still taking ages to download photos from previous days for them to see! We Facetimed at the pool without having to worry about downloading other apps. Viruses and glitches...what's that?

Also my brother in law is always trying to pursued me to use other apps I don't need because all of a sudden the previous one he used you now have to pay for on Android or the iPhone already has the facility!

The only thing that will make me convert to another devise was if Apple went totally down the pan, then I would really have to consider my options.

Last edited:
I'm sure the rest of the internet is enjoying your iCloud photos too ;) All those celebrities that had their phones hacked recently? I'll give you one chance to guess what phone they were using.

Android is a 'faff' only because it's fragmented and many manufacturers mess with it by stuffing their handsets with additional crud that does not always work properly. That is not the fault of the platform, just marketing people, who want people to use their own services instead of what Google offers. This is one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Samsung's take on things. Pure Android and Nexus devices are easy to use, fast and do anything you want them to do at almost half the price.

Yes, Android phones are different and can be more complex for some to get their head around. For such users iPhone sounds like a good, albeit, expensive option. For many (I include myself here), the ability to customise how their phone looks and functions to better fit their usage is more important. With this ability sometimes comes some slight complexity.

One last thing (You see what I did there? :) ) ) iOS, that's Apple's software that runs on iPhones, has its fair share of security issues, just like any other operating system out there, so I wouldn't install any random apps if I were you. Don't beleive me? Just search for "ios security vulnerabilities" and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Android has a very good security mechanism, called "The user". This individual has an amazing ability to review every single thing that an app can do before allowing to install it. Some might say that this is the weakest link and no-one pays attention to this feature... Such users should probably stick to this and stay off the Internet:
bush_phone_upsidedown.jpg

Reactions: Crazyfool
Good point leshkin - manufacturers aswell as providers like stuffing phones with branded / modified firmware which more often than not isn't very good.
I have used some bad O2 branded firmware in the past and resorted to rooting - even changing the product code on some older Nokia phones.
Apple have done well stipulating that carriers are not allowed to brand / alter firmware.

Back in the nokia days I used to re model code all of mine to get a vanilla firmware on them, instant improvement.

Back in the nokia days I used to re model code all of mine to get a vanilla firmware on them, instant improvement.

Phoenix software suite :) ..... gone are the days!
Symbian was a good OS - shame it was so under-developed.
I still have my N95 somwhere, awesome phone in its day.

I'm sure the rest of the internet is enjoying your iCloud photos too ;) All those celebrities that had their phones hacked recently? I'll give you one chance to guess what phone they were using.

Android is a 'faff' only because it's fragmented and many manufacturers mess with it by stuffing their handsets with additional crud that does not always work properly. That is not the fault of the platform, just marketing people, who want people to use their own services instead of what Google offers. This is one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Samsung's take on things. Pure Android and Nexus devices are easy to use, fast and do anything you want them to do at almost half the price.

Yes, Android phones are different and can be more complex for some to get their head around. For such users iPhone sounds like a good, albeit, expensive option. For many (I include myself here), the ability to customise how their phone looks and functions to better fit their usage is more important. With this ability sometimes comes some slight complexity.

One last thing (You see what I did there? :) ) ) iOS, that's Apple's software that runs on iPhones, has its fair share of security issues, just like any other operating system out there, so I wouldn't install any random apps if I were you. Don't beleive me? Just search for "ios security vulnerabilities" and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Android has a very good security mechanism, called "The user". This individual has an amazing ability to review every single thing that an app can do before allowing to install it. Some might say that this is the weakest link and no-one pays attention to this feature... Such users should probably stick to this and stay off the Internet:
bush_phone_upsidedown.jpg

I think that's just it...my iPhone does everything I want it to do. The way I see it, there are three different users. There's people like yourself who thrive from the adaptability and free use of the android platform and think Apple is just expensive pair of pants. It's good to have this sort of person because it drives developers to produce better products. Then there's the people who can't afford or can't justify the cost of an iPhone so go for Android and finally the others like myself, who are content with the iOS platform.

My brother-in-law is a techie and echoes everything you say, including the whole Samsung/Google phone thing. He wouldn't buy a Samsung now. But he doesn't understand why both our dads have Android phones, later bought an iPad and now want to replace their phones with iPhones. Like me they are just not interested in all the adaptability, they just want something that works. Ultimately they've discovered the ease of use of iOS. I spend so much time 'trying' to help them with their Android issues.

And just to finish off (right back at ya..) Half my photos are on Facebook and Twitter anyway, so feel free to enjoy my iCloud photos!!!!