Audi S3 Recaro Bowden Cable?

Wallm0nkey

Reaction score
My drivers side seat has never tilted and slid forward off the lever have to do the two movements manually due to the cable being snapped. Figured I'll get it sorted now as it's been like it since I brought it.
It doesn't appear I can buy an off the shelf cable so wondered if anyone has the length and diameter I need? I will check if not and update when I know just haven't got the car with me and it's on my mind!

My drivers side seat has never tilted and slid forward off the lever have to do the two movements manually due to the cable being snapped. Figured I'll get it sorted now as it's been like it since I brought it.
It doesn't appear I can buy an off the shelf cable so wondered if anyone has the length and diameter I need? I will check if not and update when I know just haven't got the car with me and it's on my mind!

I tried to buy one from TPS a while back, apparently it's a discontinued part.

Case of removing the old snapped one and then a little trial and error making a new one the correct length.

Be interested to know if you do sort it, it's a job I have been putting off.

Got a few busy weekends but I'll get it stripped out when I have 5 mins and look at ordering some bits I'll update if I get anywhere.

I'll be interested in your updates on this too!

Been a bit slow progress due to work but finally made a start. I slipped the outer the bit I'll reuse off the old cable while it was still attached to the chair. Took a picture so I knew the order it goes back on had to split that middle section with the foam on for access to get the new cable back in. A right pain as it's under a lot of tension so also fun to get it back on. Apart from that the actual cable slipped in pretty well bar a little messing getting it past the ends. I crimped the new dogleg on and it feels solid enough. Just gotta pop the seat out hopefully Sunday and cut the new cable to length then refit.

Fingers crossed it works the actual cable is cheap just the dog legs to crimp on the end were about £9 for 5. If it does work I'll probably have about 28 metres of cable left if anyone needs some!

Hi. Did you manage to get the cable fitted, looking to do the same. Does the cable have the off set nipples on both ends and where did you get them from. Mick