yes phatbox info please again

ebbs73

Reaction score
i`ve been reading about phatbox`s all over , and need one ,
so
best place to buy .
if it`s from the US what lead/adpter would i need .
What lead and where from.( 02 a4 avant)

what`s the flashing all about ?

any help would be great .
thank you
all
chris

I posted a reply to the same question you asked on the other thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Take a look here PLEASE CLICK ME

and all the details are there for you to read. Any text that appears in blue is a link, so press it for more info on certain parts within that whole thread.

Its all there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sorry may have got me on a thick day .

thanks for that (again )
but whats the flashing , i take it i dont need a long coat ?

thanks

[ QUOTE ]
but whats the flashing , i take it i dont need a long coat ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on which post you read

1) Flashing refers to upgrading the firmware of the phatbox.
The firmware supplied with the phatbox is not the most current one and needs updating from www.phatnoise.com

Or it could mean

2) Updating your boot loader with www.phathack.com so you can replace the standard hard drive with any 2.5” laptop hard drive up 120GB you can use a 160GB drive but this is a little more complicated.

The first one needs doing the second is optional

well i`ve got my power supply from the link , and emailed about the postage cost on a phatnoise,
so exspect alot more questions soon .

thats for the help.
chris

got my adpter today , it`s got a 13amp plug ????
have i ordered the wrong one , i just followed the link ?
gas i can do , cars not a hope .

13 amp three pin plug at one end, a rectangular box with adjustable dial in the middle, selection of round plugs with one that will fit the DMS cradle at the other end.

The one in the link is the correct one.

but i`d like to use it in my car and last time i look there was not a 230v supply !
i take it i wire this to a 12v supply .

mine you need the box yet he`s not got back to me .

cheers

The supply for the unit in the car is all part of the cd changter cable. No seperate supply is needed.

but the phatbox is from the good old us of a .

and i dont have a cd changer , so would i have the cable installed ?

Hold your car up to the PC webcam and I'll take a look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chances are, if you have no cd changer, there may well not be a cable there either.

You'll have to order one and run it to the boot of your car, thats all.

Not sure where you can get them from cheaply, but Audi will obviously sell you one at a vastly inflated price ....

Just read you have an A4, not an S3. Not sure where you put the phatbox in an A4, but some will help you shortly......if not, try here as well for advice
http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/Cat/1,2,12,15,22,25,26,27,3/C/3

The (power supply) you have bought is for the DMS cradle for your PC so you can transfer music to your DMS and then play it in your car.

That does need 230 volt as the USA use 110 Volts .

If you want a CD Changer cable to connect your Phatnoise that’s a different story.

Depending on the year of car (A4) it may or may not be fitted.

< 2000 in the boot
2002 in the glove box (but VW spec rectangular plug) if fitted .

You can modify the Phatbox lead to fit the head unit and put it in the glove box no matter what even if the cd cable is not present but does require some modification of the wires.

The genuine Audi CD changer lead costs about £50 from Audi to the Boot (cheaper on Ebay about £20 or €29 from KUFATEC

i`m sorry , i really did think the adpter was for the car , doh
you must think i`m a bit slow, and after all that i dont blame you .
so still have mod the lead ?

thanks for the help