If anyone is bored... earn a fiver!

nothingness

Reaction score
And I mean UTTERLY BORED! Could you help me?

I am trying to find an internal picture or diagram of the backbox on my 2008 A3 1.8T FSI.

Here is the best picture I have of the exhaust.

image.jpg

I want to know what the internals look like underneath the fibreglass, for example here is a similar photo of a BMW exhaust.

wdwdqwd.png

And here is an official audi cutaway of B8 A4:

Audiexhaustpicture_zps8db5ab23.jpg

I tried looking in the various SSP's but could not find it.

PLEASE HELP! Hell I am that desperate that if anyone can find me the correct version I will paypal you £5 for a pint or two of beer!!!

Thank You.

I cant help you buddy but i can tell you that we're an nice enough bunch on here. I dont think anyone will take any money off you in exchange for helping you out :)

Well I don't mind buying someone a pint if they can find it. I spent FIVE HOURS earlier searching to no avail :/

Also pretty sure that a GOLF MK5 GTI 2.0T backbox is the same if that helps. The resonator is different but the backbox and 45degree pipe looks the same to me...

$_57.JPG

I'm pretty sure there is a pipe that goes to the opposite corner of the backbox to accommodate the use on the scirocco R/ Golf R's , the only one which is different is the R32/V6's as they tend to exit in the centre on the back

HTH

i have a picture but not with me i cut one open the other week and modified it .il try get the picture up in next 10 mins or so edit wife deleted picture but il explain how its built inside

looking at last picture you put up the pipe enters the back box then turns 90 degree's to the left and finishes about 2" from the edge of the box .theres 2 brackets in the box .no baffles totally empty its 2skins thick . the tail pipes go into the box and turn right 90 degrees and run all the way along the full length supported by the 2 brackets they end around 2"from the end of the box running parallel to each other . one of them is slightly shorter than the other to balance the amount of smoke exited from each pipe . I modified one to fit the r32 mk5 golf rear valance and blanked the tail pipe exits off when I had cut them off .

Last edited:
heres an excellent picture of the internal pipe work (did this all by myself in paint) black lines are the exhaust pipes ,the other colour is the internal brackets
%24_57.JPG

heres an excellent picture of the internal pipe work (did this all by myself in paint) black lines are the exhaust pipes ,the other colour is the internal brackets
%24_57.JPG

Looks very technical that mate

%24_5712.JPG
good pic aint it , im just crap with even paint prog in windows lol. but thats the layout inside .this is what we did for the r32 look
%24_57.JPG