Simple minded neighbors are the worst!

T.Will

Reaction score
Stepped out at midday to find the whole car covered in speckles of red paint.

4u89vn.jpg

20upttd.jpg

m99f92.jpg

If its non gloss it'll just come off with the Jetwash. Paints are water based these days.

Still wouldn't stop me tearing the neighbours a new one though... or at least getting them to pay for the Jetwash.

I took a sponge and water to it and with a lot of elbow grease and 45 minutes later, most of it came off.

A little courtesy wouldn't go a miss. They could have just asked me to move my car, when they moved their own.

It's a good thing it did come off otherwise I would have been livid.

Reactions: voorhees
Some people are just brainless. I would have gone mad.
If I'm doing any DIY or even cutting the grass I will let the neighbours know ( our drives are close)

My mate's neighbour did this. Painted his fence (red stain), but covered my mates speed boat (white) on the other side. My mate's not so confrontational, so just cleaned it off himself, but if it had been mine, I'd have went round and went crazy.
People just don't think!

My mate's neighbour did this. Painted his fence (red stain), but covered my mates speed boat (white) on the other side. My mate's not so confrontational, so just cleaned it off himself, but if it had been mine, I'd have went round and went crazy.
People just don't think!
You have to let them know or they'll do it all the time,just be polite about it

I'd make them pay for a full detail, no way i'm taking a sponge to my paint and scrubbing!!!

I'd make them pay for a full detail, no way i'm taking a sponge to my paint and scrubbing!!!
How do you do that then legally ?
Unless you have evidence your peeing in the wind.

How do you do that then legally ?
Unless you have evidence your peeing in the wind.

God I dunno voorhees, just shooting the **** in a forum. Didn't, you know, think it through that much.

(yes, proof is key. If he can prove it is from their painting, then he has every leg to stand on to getting it rectified without damage)

God I dunno voorhees, just shooting the **** in a forum. Didn't, you know, think it through that much.

(yes, proof is key. If he can prove it is from their painting, then he has every leg to stand on to getting it rectified without damage)
Oh yes send his paint for forensic testing and then get it matched to his paint,then take him to courts and after 18 months he can get someone to wipe the paint off.

Or do the intelligent thing and wipe it off yourself and let them know so they don't make the same mistake twice.

Reactions: gogz s3
If it had of been my car, i would have went round to his front door and introduced him to my buddy... 'Mr Fist'...

Reactions: ROB A3 Quattro and foxymk1
They said they will pay for any damage if the paint won't come off. Which is fair enough but It could have been avoided in the first place.

With the majority of it off. I just need to give it a good wash. So I need to buy a couple of microfibre cloths and good old autoglym shampoo and some wax should hopefully have her looking spanking.

Reactions: wuta3
Oh yes send his paint for forensic testing and then get it matched to his paint,then take him to courts and after 18 months he can get someone to wipe the paint off.

Or do the intelligent thing and wipe it off yourself and let them know so they don't make the same mistake twice.

Well if I thought a random "Get angry! Make-em pay!" comment would turn in to a discussion based in some kind of "logic" or "reality", I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Reactions: voorhees
Just a bit of advice on getting these sorts of marks off next time.
Get yourself down to Halfords or online at Cleanyourcar.co.uk and get yourself a clay mit.
I use the G3 one from Halfords and it is brilliant - would have done the whole car in 20 mins.. and all the other stuff too like insect debris, tar spots etc.

Halfords | Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt

I do detailing so cringe every time i see the word sponge mentioned in relation to car cleaning!

Cheers Ben

if my neighbour did that, I'd just get a random piece of wood out the shed, stand it upwind from their car and spraypaint it the most opposite colour I can find to their car, seemingly oblivious to the consequences lol

Someone else on here had this a while ago, his car got covered In cuprinol!!