BW 37, 38, 39, 40

Just had a call from the dealer; the car is due to them at 4pm this afternoon!!! I'm going up to see it before the covers are removed (given I'm stupidly fussy on paint finish). Hoping for a Saturday pickup :jump::jump::jump:

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
Just had a call from the dealer; the car is due to them at 4pm this afternoon!!! I'm going up to see it before the covers are removed (given I'm stupidly fussy on paint finish). Hoping for a Saturday pickup :jump::jump::jump:

That's awesome news mate, come through pretty quick indeed!

I'm only 1 week behind, I can only imagine the excitement!

Woo hoo car is arriving with my dealer tomorrow morning and I should be able to collect hopefully Wednesday looking forward to the weekend already! BW39 :jump: :jump:

Guys you are making me worried. My car arrived this morning and dealer is like it will be ready by afternoon, 4 ish. How come its so quick??? I am going to collect today (BW 39)

Just been told my BW40 order is now at port ready to be shipped. Have been given the VIN but MyAudi site not yet recognizing :(

Guys you are making me worried. My car arrived this morning and dealer is like it will be ready by afternoon, 4 ish. How come its so quick??? I am going to collect today (BW 39)

I wouldn't worry they would have finished building it in Germany! The sooner the better, I would rather have my new car than have it sit at the dealer for weeks

Just been told my BW40 order is now at port ready to be shipped. Have been given the VIN but MyAudi site not yet recognizing :(

It will take a bit of time keep trying! Also make sure you haven't confused an O with an 0 or in my case an S with an F, I blame the woman's funny accent

Last edited:
Whaaaaaaaaaa

BW 39, nothing from dealer. Just told last week that it may be next week...MAY??

I'm getting tired of having to push any audi staff just to check on the file what's going on!!

It will take a bit of time keep trying! Also make sure you haven't confused an O with an 0 or in my case an S with an F, I blame the woman's funny accent

I've been sent the VIN by text message from Audi Customer Service - so I'm pretty sure it's correct. It does have a '0' in it though, so I could substitute it for an 'O' and see if that works. Is the format of the VIN standard for all? My format is ABCDEF1A1AB123456

@ Challinor - do you know which boat it's on? Don't have an update today (yet), but can always get excited about your car given that mine might be parked next to it ;)

@ Challinor - do you know which boat it's on? Don't have an update today (yet), but can always get excited about your car given that mine might be parked next to it ;)

No I don't, a friend thinks it will be coming to Grimsby as my dealer is Crewe.

Which dealer is yours from?

There are sites to track the boats if you know what your doing lol.

I've been sent the VIN by text message from Audi Customer Service - so I'm pretty sure it's correct. It does have a '0' in it though, so I could substitute it for an 'O' and see if that works. Is the format of the VIN standard for all? My format is ABCDEF1A1AB123456

I've just checked mine and it's the same format, my guess is that it will work eventually!

Depends on when you registered for the My.Audi site. If you did it well in advance of getting your VIN then it will work straight away. If you only registered in the last day or so it will take a while longer.

No I don't, a friend thinks it will be coming to Grimsby as my dealer is Crewe.

Which dealer is yours from?

There are sites to track the boats if you know what your doing lol.

You have a short memory - I am Crewe too ;)

Yes will do it later when not using tapatalk. Colour is Daytona, hoping to see your exclusive in the flesh at the dealers.

Bw 38 and yet told today its still sat in port in Emden due to backlog from September. Yet i can see others on here ready for collection this week from dealers. Had been very patient till now but beginning to get frustrated its just sat for 2weeks now in port and if it ships this week wont be till Friday and thats Audi HQ telling me this. For now a little grrr

Depends on when you registered for the My.Audi site. If you did it well in advance of getting your VIN then it will work straight away. If you only registered in the last day or so it will take a while longer.

That's the strange thing - I registered on My Audi site weeks ago in preparation. Have tried replacing the '0' with an 'O' and still no joy. :audibash:

That's the strange thing - I registered on My Audi site weeks ago in preparation. Have tried replacing the '0' with an 'O' and still no joy. :audibash:

It's working now !! All spec is showing up correctly. Strange little thing is that they are calling it the A3 Sportback 'Ambition' S Line ??

Whaaaaaaaaaa

BW 39, nothing from dealer. Just told last week that it may be next week...MAY??

I'm getting tired of having to push any audi staff just to check on the file what's going on!!
Do what I did - ask to speak to the sales manager (after you send him an e-mail regarding customer expectation management !)

Ha, the Sales Manager was the guy who tried to stop me changing options, he would probably just laugh and put the phone down.

I sent a quick email and have now reg'd the plate, told the car is in the UK today and estimate next Saturday, 12 days! Till I can collect.

Is that right? I would imagine when in the UK it takes a day or two to get to the dealer and a day to do a PDI and then done.

Its here!! Before the unwrapping and straight off the transporter. Collection Saturday - no washing the car, no dealer stickers!!

20141006_173108.jpg

20141006_173146.jpg

20141006_173226.jpg

20141006_173644.jpg

Reactions: lucas-suisse and A3_Rider
Lá béást-y!

How long from arriving in the UK to arriving at dealer?

Lá béást-y!

How long from arriving in the UK to arriving at dealer?
As I understand it, it was put on the boat last Tuesday or Thursday - never did find out exactly. It arrived at the Dealer via Eddie Stobart at 4pm today. I got to the dealers at 5.15. Helped the dealer take off the protective covers, but didn't sit in it - I'll leave that for Saturday.

Reactions: lucas-suisse
In my probably futile attempts to work out which boat might be next out of Emden, there is a cargo vessel named 'Emden' docked currently - recent port calls include Sheerness on 27/9 which I think is a UK Audi destination. So will use marinetraffic / vesselfinder to keep a watch on that one for now :)
The last delivery was to Port of Tyne, boat 'City of St. Petersburg' on 3/Oct.

Could be way off the mark of course but all good fun ;)

Just looking at the writing on the bonnet cover EN-O 25/9 - that could be Emden & 25 Sep (which would make that the Thursday of BW 39)???

Also, the dealer said today that number plates have to be screwed on not stuck on - as sticking on is an MOT failure. First I have heard of this. Anyone know?

Got this from my dealer today " It’s getting closer.

It’s at the port waiting to go through customs. "

He didn't say which port though, fingers crossed it was in the UK.

Rest assured I'll be chasing tomorrow!

My sepang saloon is currently at Emden so it should hopefully only be a week or 2 too

Also, the dealer said today that number plates have to be screwed on not stuck on - as sticking on is an MOT failure. First I have heard of this. Anyone know?

Lolwut?

News to me, I have asked for stick on not screwed on.

You'll love it, this is my 3rd s3 (2nd saloon) and definitely my favourite.. So much so that I'm considering a Java green saloon for next year :)