Clutch problem - a bit of advice needed

Anarch

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm having an issue with the clutch on my A3 ever since I bought it - I though it will iron out once I put a few miles on the clock, but it persists.

It's a bit difficult to explain - so bear with me - When I'm releasing the clutch there is a sudden drop in RPM in one point and unless I hold the clutch in that place for a second or two and build the RPM back up, the engine will die. In other words it's been so far impossible to have a quick smooth start. It's mostly felt when starting the car from the 1st gear, and also makes starting from the 2nd gear nearly impossible. I've never experienced anything like this on any car I've driven - it makes the car really sluggish & annoying, or is there something that I'm missing ?

Thanks

I'd take it back to Audi for them to look at

Does it also happen if you release the parking brake and wait three seconds for the parking brake to have released itself? i.e. is it a problem to do with the parking brake not releasing?

Hi all,
I'm having an issue with the clutch on my A3 ever since I bought it - I though it will iron out once I put a few miles on the clock, but it persists.

It's a bit difficult to explain - so bear with me - When I'm releasing the clutch there is a sudden drop in RPM in one point and unless I hold the clutch in that place for a second or two and build the RPM back up, the engine will die. In other words it's been so far impossible to have a quick smooth start. It's mostly felt when starting the car from the 1st gear, and also makes starting from the 2nd gear nearly impossible. I've never experienced anything like this on any car I've driven - it makes the car really sluggish & annoying, or is there something that I'm missing ?

Thanks

Does it also happen if you release the parking brake and wait three seconds for the parking brake to have released itself? i.e. is it a problem to do with the parking brake not releasing?

I know what you mean - but no, it has nothing to do with the parking break :)

Reactions: phil1824
I found this when I first got my car and put it down to getting used to the bite point. The engine is so quiet I have to watch the speedo to make sure I won't stall it. In dynamic mode it's worse, so I end up sticking with comfort. I've had the car 3 months and am more used to it now. My gf stalls it still, as she doesn't get to drive it often ;)

Reactions: Anarch
I found this when I first got my car and put it down to getting used to the bite point. The engine is so quiet I have to watch the speedo to make sure I won't stall it. In dynamic mode it's worse, so I end up sticking with comfort. I've had the car 3 months and am more used to it now. My gf stalls it still, as she doesn't get to drive it often ;)

Thx - I thought I was the only person struggling with this :) I've booked the car in, and I'm not really keen on accepting that this is how the clutch is supposed to work.