Parking sensors adjustment

Liquidfusion-S3

I fall to peer pressure!
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to reduce the parking sensors distance from 30cm to anything lower like 10cm?
It holds a steady beep once you get close to an object within 30cm.

Reason why is because the A4 is a long car, parking in supermarkets can be a bit troublesome when you're not in enough. I use the parking sensors but am always something like 30cm away from the wall.

I'd like it to hold a steady beep once I'm within 10cm of the wall.

I have access to VCDS so I assume it would be done there somewhere?

I agree. My O/H and I have 2 parking spaces, one in front of the other. He has a B7 Passat and I an Avant and we need to park really close to fit in the spaces. I'm lucky to have a rear camera, otherwise it would be almost as much guess work as if I didn't have sensors at all.

I have VCDS in the car, I'll have a poke about tomorrow and see what I can find.

Do you guys have the graphic screen with your sensors? I get the steady beep from 30cm but if I keep going back on the display I can get to about 10cm when the display shows no distance left. I agree the b8 a4 is longer than you think especially compared to a b6 I had years ago.

Yes the display is only for when you go into reverse which helps, but when parking head on there isn't a camera on the front of the car.

I tend to park head-on in supermarkets as it's easier to load the shopping.

I think 30cm is far too much of a gap, leaving this much space means an extra 30cm poking out at the rear, enough for another car to bash into! :(