BW 33, 34, 35, 36

Thank you so much for your kind words guys, I really do appreciate it. I'm sorry for your loss glospete and I guess you're right that at the age of 100 it's less likely to be a 'surprise' but no less devastating I can bet. My grandfather was 71 a month before, usually very fit and well, always out and about with only the usual aches and pains so as you can imagine, this knocked me for six. One of the greatest guys you could hope to meet.
Getting back to cars, I may still be able to go ahead with it and if I can, I will. Just sad he can't enjoy it with me.

On a lighter note, had the VIN to go and try myAudi and my ordered Glacier White Sportback is coming up as Mauritius Blue so that'll be a turn up for the books if accurate!:haha:

Don't worry - all Glacier Whites show as Mauritius Blue on my.Audi.com. It WILL be white - have no fear!
Do hope you can go ahead with the car. Your grandfather (who was only 7 years older than me!) will be looking down and hoping!

Reactions: benhock101
Don't worry - all Glacier Whites show as Mauritius Blue on my.Audi.com. It WILL be white - have no fear!
Do hope you can go ahead with the car. Your grandfather (who was only 7 years older than me!) will be looking down and hoping!

Phew, would've been hell of a shock to turn up and see blue!

I reckon he will be, he'll have one eye on me and the other on the football!

Just got a message from my dealer that I can pick up my car this friday! It was BW36, but I guess transportation to The Netherlands is a bit faster than it is to Britain. Hope it will be worth the 6 month wait :)

I'm also collecting my BW35 car this Friday. Happy days!

Looks like I might get mine end of next week then as I'm BW36, thinking about getting excited now!

Don't forget the pictures guys!

I'm booked in to collect my BW36 car this Friday! Although I don't think it's set in stone yet. Either way, it'll be with me soon :)

I'll post up a picture when it arrives.

Had a call from my dealer today.
My car,(Three door S-line 1.2 TFSI Bril. Red ), is due with them 18/09
Will be available for collection 26/09 onwards
This seems a long time to prep the car for delivery?
Thoughts anyone?

Had a call from my dealer today.
My car,(Three door S-line 1.2 TFSI Bril. Red ), is due with them 18/09
Will be available for collection 26/09 onwards
This seems a long time to prep the car for delivery?
Thoughts anyone?

Mine was delivered to dealer later Friday 12 Sep, and I'm collecting this Friday so a 7-day turnaround. Not wildly out with the dates you've been given it seems.

Hi, got a call last night car is built and will be on the ship today so hopefully get it end of September now! whoohoo!

Been into Audi today and my BW36 is still waiting for its boat at Emden, has been there since last Monday!

So....the car arrived at the dealers yesterday and I jumped in the car for an hours drive to visit it. Despite my still currently uncertain financial situation (of which you are all aware), I had to do it - I had to sit in it - and now I'm emotionally attached. I'll be very disappointed if I can't drive it away but as most of you know recent events for me, it's kind of not the big picture..... I'll keep you informed as per guys!

Here she is still mostly wrapped up....
FullSizeRenderBlank No Plate

The white doesn't match the rest of the car and I'm a bit concerned about the slightly uneven paintwork on your bonnet Ben ;)

Do hope that you can take delivery of this great looking car.

Reactions: benhock101 and Pulp84
I'm picking mine up today!! Couldn't sleep last night, I was like a kid on Xmas eve!

Reactions: Pulp84
The white doesn't match the rest of the car and I'm a bit concerned about the slightly uneven paintwork on your bonnet Ben ;)

They told me it was an experimental 'texturised' finish, now I'm worried :dejection:;)

Reactions: glospete
Anything that has a link to français, I'm there:salute:

This really is a special car as it also has a kind of double-grille system to protect the B&O so theres an extra cardboard-like layer over the grilles....

I've really gone all out on the out-there additional coverings!

Ah but have you ordered the Ultimate Paint Protection - I'm just awaiting delivery of my system. Then no more stone chips or car park knocks. The only problem I have is how I get into the car when it is fully covered?

546483 381904711833871 1187229587 n

hey guys good news saw my dealer yesterday to fill out all finance docs and have been told car is ready for pick up 5th October! that's 2 weeks to go! cant wait! whohooooo
also has anyone put a tracker on their S3? I am thinking about it for insurance purposes.

Its what they call "wrapped" these days..........................

Good luck to all those picking up their new cars this week. It's a very exciting time..........

hey guys good news saw my dealer yesterday to fill out all finance docs and have been told car is ready for pick up 5th October! that's 2 weeks to go! cant wait! whohooooo
also has anyone put a tracker on their S3? I am thinking about it for insurance purposes.
Yes, on the tracker.

Picked my S3 up last Friday and had an unusually busy week so stacked up some miles (and smiles!) so far. I will post some pictures soon but it's now filthy and needs a clean!

The insurance company for my previous car wanted a tracker fitted to switch onto the S3. I ended up cancelling and getting a new policy instead, saved me about £5 over the whole year and the cost of a tracker! Quite happy with how that turned out.

Didn't seem to save you all that much having one fitted. Certainly not enough to recoup the outlay.

Next two weeks apparently. Wow. A bit quicker than I thought. It's at a 'UK port' right now so I hope it doesn't have any 'accidents'.

The insurance company for my previous car wanted a tracker fitted to switch onto the S3. I ended up cancelling and getting a new policy instead, saved me about £5 over the whole year and the cost of a tracker! Quite happy with how that turned out.

Didn't seem to save you all that much having one fitted. Certainly not enough to recoup the outlay.

Did this insurance company happen to be Liverpool Victoria (LV)?

No, it was through a broker. I can't remember who provided the insurance, but it wasn't LV. Could have been Markerstudy.

There's a distinct lack of pictures in this thread, I suppose everybody is off enjoying their new 8v's!

Here's some

IMG-20141005-WA0000_zpswptfedkp.jpeg

DSC_0050_zpsx8l6jana.jpg

There's a distinct lack of pictures in this thread, I suppose everybody is off enjoying their new 8v's!

Here's some

IMG-20141005-WA0000_zpswptfedkp.jpeg

DSC_0050_zpsx8l6jana.jpg
Looking very nice! Liking the black pack and the shine on it really makes it look that extra bit special!

And I'm not enjoying mine yet :( Still trying to sort out the financial details but it thankfully looks like I can go ahead with it after all the turmoil of the last few and I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to get some paperwork done tomorrow! Watch this space:o.k:

Reactions: lshigham
Good to hear you're getting yours in the end Ben after all thats happened

For you guys that have just taken delivery - and spec'd ACC Adaptive Cruise Control -

can you have a look at the front of your car, and see if it has a FLAT or DOME sensor

then please could you update this thread, just state Build Week/Year e.g.: BW36/2014, model (e.g.: 1.4CoD)
and say if you have a Flat or Dome sensor.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/missing-radar-detector-thingy.204453/

Quick update for anyone interested - I shall be finally collecting next Friday (31/10)!!!:thrashi:

Reactions: veeeight and RedTurtle
I had build week 34. Picked up my A3 2.0 Quattro saloon on September 24th.(Glacier White with Black Pano Roof) :sign omg: It is fast.
Best car I ever had. :superman:

So finally got myself organised, gave the car a wash and took some snaps. I've posted these on the pictures thread - I'd paste a link but can't seem to get that to ****** work! I've added one here though...

So far, 6 weeks and around 1,500 miles in, all is good, great in fact. Big smiles every time I get on board!

Reactions: benhock101 and nadsi77
Just to say.... IT'S HERE! Picked it up on Saturday morning (1/11), a day late as I was informed that when they submitted for a change of number plate (they had the incorrect VRM on there, plus I wanted euro plates), it came up on their system that there was a recall campaign on the oil filter!! I was given a courtesy car for 24 hours though which was a very similar Glacier White A3 Sportback S-Line specced with S-tronic (which I quite enjoyed actually), Phone box, comfort pack, SD nav and aluminium roof rails.

Then Saturday morning, 9AM, I was there to collect my very own! It was still on the ramp when I arrived but they'd just finished doing the work. Couldn't stop smiling when I saw it and I definitely think I chose the right spec overall. Love the B&O, the Park Assist's novelty factor is definitely still there but it has already been very useful! Just need to sort a SIM for Audi Connect now! I may as well be honest and say I did slightly kerb a wheel already but the kerb jumped out at me, honest! It shan't detract from my love for the car and I will get it touched up ASAP but it's not too noticable right now so I may get a quote, clean the wheel and clear coat for now.

I'll get pictures up as soon as possible!:racer:

Reactions: veeeight