Air con issues

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Hi all
As the title says im having a issue with my fan/fans

First question is there 1 main fan for the air conditiong?

Second is it on the left hand side near the glovebox ? (Shown in pic below ?)

sa6eneze.jpg

Thanks

I do believe there is a blower that creates the air flow into the cabin and a fan in the engine bay that cools the air con rad

There is only one fan for the heater ssytem in the car... the unit also contains the normal heater matrix thats heated using coolant and an aircon matrix that cools the incoming air from the heater unit intake (where the pollen filter is)

I assume you are posting due to your aircon not working?

<tuffty/>

Thanks and yes it sound like there is something up against the fan but it seems to ho away then come back .... ? I then thought it could be something blocking the pipework and the air may be give a little back pressure.

It is frustrating me as i went outside to film the problem this morning so you could hear it but its not happening at the moment.... when it next happens i will film it and put it up on this post .. it definatly goes away and come back i have had it over the past few days

Right the air con is workinh however it seems there maybe something in where the fan spins im unsure what it could be.... where is the fan located is it in the picture above that supplys the airflow to the cabin ? Cheers

Fan can be removed from underneath IIRC... its located passenger side behind the glove box... you will need to remove the glove box to get to it realistically..
20100702_IMG_6789.jpg

<tuffty/>

Ok thanks tuffty i have removed a mk4 golf glovebox before so should be relativly simular ill work it out thanks

nick, hi, is it sounding like a spokeydokey on your bike wheel? if so, and you find a solution, please let me know...

nick, hi, is it sounding like a spokeydokey on your bike wheel? if so, and you find a solution, please let me know...

I literally fixed this problem about 2 weeks ago. There are two screws underneath the motor which are for the bracket that holds the motor in, under the second one whilst undoing it as the motor will drop onto the floor.

On mine there was a small piece of lining that got into the system and was vibrating the whole dash.

cheers, i suspect something similar is lurking in mine. unfortunately leaving the blower on full to wear away said item isn't working... and the stereo distorts if i try and fix it with the volume knob :D

Well its strange but whatever it was it has gone i havent had to take mine apart ... but at least o know where to look if it comes back ... :)

well, might have a go at mine, but need a break, just finished lower ball (ache) joint and drop links for mot. not today... :p