Standard sport suspension with 18's

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm after a favour, can anyone who is running 18's and sitting on standard sport suspension take a measurment for me?
I have recently replaced all my suspension/steering arms and since then i am convinced the front is sitting slightly higher than it was, so along with this and the car now finding every little rattle and every single bump in the road due to the stiffness i wish i hadn't botherd as my originals were not that bad anyway, anyway the measurment i'm after is from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch.
Any help greatfully recieved,
Matt

14.25"

I changed the lower arms, drop links, and ARB bushes yesterday.

Thanks for that, mine is about the same so must be my imagination, my mechanic did say it was the same but my eyes say different!!
Thanks again,
Matt

Not a problem mate, but it's a good job I saw this post when I did. I've fitted some new Audi sport shocks, B5 perches, and H&R 35mm springs this afternoon so my measurements have changed a little bit

I measured it about an hour after dropping it off the axel stands and it measured 12.5"

I bet that is a nice stance, i may consider B5 perches if i need to change the front shocks, but to be honest i'm getting a little bored with the B6 now and at 12 years old and 155k i fancy a change.
Cheers,
Matt

Not a problem mate, but it's a good job I saw this post when I did. I've fitted some new Audi sport shocks, B5 perches, and H&R 35mm springs this afternoon so my measurements have changed a little bit

I measured it about an hour after dropping it off the axel stands and it measured 12.5"

PICTURES :D

Tomorrow my friend, tomorrow. It was dark by the time I had finished and put my tools away, and locked the garage up.

B5 perches work wonders in bring the front end down.
My A4 cab on 18s with sport suspension and B5 perches

I like that hight, i will go the B5 perches route if i decide to keep it, i have done so much to it over the years and have got it how i want it but my daughters busy social life with cheerleading and her street dancing comps are taking most of our spare time now, the Mrs has a Grand Vitara which is great for our needs so i may look at the A1 black edition, i need to decide whether to out the B6 now while i can still get a reasonable price for it or run it's end and then break/scrap it.

Sorry thought I had put pics up on here. You can see why the B5 perches help lower it in the first pic.

If your happy and it's running sweet, is it really worth getting rid of? Your other car must cost more the run and maintain, so it might be worth getting rid of that.

Reactions: Andy_w and audilad9
Not got any measurements but here's mine on 18's with just the standard sport suspension

20140517_102754_zpsd0740370.jpg

20140519_184824_zpsbd87e0c4.jpg

Reactions: barkclark