My S3 Build Thread

Got a bit bored so ordered a TTRS engine cover from LVS racing and R8 oil and coolant caps to sort the engine bay out.

Just some coloured hoses to finish it off.....

Reactions: grchmason and Marshy
Yes mate! I love my R8 oil cap needs slight modding to sit straight but nothing you can't do......... You ET hands RS4 valve fitter lol!!!!

Reactions: mechanic69
Beadle could do it

071b2172a5334d5c74e14462af491eb2.jpg

Reactions: grchmason
You might be lucky as some get sent out pre modded I know Awesome Gti do anyway!

But if not it's just a case separating the bottom of the cap rotating it and re clicking in you prob have to make a little nik so it sits in the correct position.

I will go dig you out a how too and link it mate.

You might be lucky as some get sent out pre modded I know Awesome Gti do anyway!

But if not it's just a case separating the bottom of the cap rotating it and re clicking in you prob have to make a little nik so it sits in the correct position.

I will go dig you out a how too and link it mate.

Cheers

Small addition to the engine bay today..

Before:

After:

Keeping it stock for now until I can think of something more creative, maybe start a new thread to see what everyone else has done with theirs. Thanks to LVS for the kit which made it nice and simple, just replace 2 of the rocker cover bolts with long ones and screw a small one into the inlet manifold.

Also ordered the R8 filler and oil cap from these guys in Slovakia, took a bit of a punt but got a dispatched email today with a UPS tracking number so looks like it paid off.

http://oemvwshop.com/category/audi/a3/8p_-2009-2012/

Reactions: S.
I got to admit though the R8 oil cap does look the nuts

Reactions: grchmason and mechanic69
R8 caps arrived today all the way from OEMVWSHOP in Slovakia. Packing and items look genuine OEM

Need to see if they will fit tomorrow and if they need modding to point the right way, keep you posted. If anyone has modded these let me know.

Reactions: Davjon747
I have a couple of lean months in front after just buying the car not sure I can go this long without buying something , but really want my turbo back exhaust so will just have to window shop on these posts for a few weeks.
Just get loads of ideas on how to spends loads of cash, and how to hide it from the wife .

Dave

Reactions: Compkiler
The hiding costs from the wife comes naturally with the amount of practice you get on here

Reactions: Doogie... and grchmason
Buying stuffs easy, hiding it is harder.

Anyone any tips on stopping the other half moaning her necks broken every time you plant it???

Cap fitting tomorrow, yes I know so what. A mod is a mod and still makes me happy. i like the small (£s) mods like these and hoses etc until I go for the next bigey, just tweaking! :smug:

Just as I thought the caps don't align properly, oil 90 out and coolant 180 out!

So on the oil cap remove the top rubber seal and prise the two sections apart, to get this

Then fit the bottom piece to the car, align the top section and push until it clicks back on. Remove and refit rubber seals.

The coolant cap is similar separates into two pieces by carefully prying apart, to get this

Then as before fit bottom piece to car, then align top piece. It won't fit at first as one of the locating splines is thicker so just cut the top piece to fit then click home.

End up like this for 20 mins work

Reactions: Compkiler
Just need a black screen wash cap now awesome GTI I believe sell these

If your going with the silver/black look may as well go for the caps online version. Will blend in nice.

Buying stuffs easy, hiding it is harder.

Anyone any tips on stopping the other half moaning her necks broken every time you plant it???

Mine constantly complains of feeling sick if the right foot goes down.

I find that if she finds the car scary enough she eventually won't want a trip in it,so everyone's happy.

Reactions: Compkiler and mechanic69
An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.

The status of order #XXX is now Shipped :lick:

Last edited:
Couple of hoses and washer cap fitted,

204af4c3906c52a499721ad7903ef12f.jpg

Any ideas where I can get the expansion tank top hose and one that runs next to the carbon filter one?

I only want change the ones I can see

You might have to custom and make your own.

Not a fan of coloured hoses, I would have gone for black ones but it's your car so your choice.

You might have to custom and make your own.

Not a fan of coloured hoses, I would have gone for black ones but it's your car so your choice.

I've asked forge if they can help, otherwise custom. I like a bit of colour in the otherwise drab engine bay. Not too much bling but just enough.

Each to their own hey?