Ruff Valuation Guide Price pleas

S3 AEX

Reaction score
If any one can help with a rough price valuation what my car is worth then I'd be much appreciative.

S3 2008 pre face lift 3dr Black
2 owners
Full leather, heated front seats
Audi sat nav
FBMFW
Full audi service history
Recent full service and inspection
Ipod connection
Bluetooth prep
To be honest the only things it hasn't got is sunroof, and the lights package. It was in v.good condition as well, the reason I'm asking is my insurance company have wrote it off so I need to know what value I should be asking for. In my mind I'm not going to be happy with less than £11,000. To much? Any help is appreciated.

Just go on the online car sales sites ie Autotrader, Pistonheads etc and find similar cars and how much they are. You then have an idea/figure of what it'll cost to replace yours and then you can negotiate with your insurance.

Reactions: voorhees
I would start at 11k be prepared to haggle or be very patient. Depends how the car is presented.

Cheers guys, I've already been looking and like you say I'm going to haggle like a Turk in't market. I'm not budging less than the 11k mark.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399547610946523

Front ns wing, bumper, grill, headlight, fog light, bonnet, cross member, new alloy apparently some suspension damage, under carage damage (not serious in my eyes, heat shield I think) also rear bumper. All inner arche sleeve. Total repair cost has reached 6k + a bit more!

Last edited:
To say I'm gutted is an understatement

Also got a trade in price from parkers an even without the extras it's trade in at 10900 so I'm going stick at 11.5-11k no less.

The insurance have offered 10k minus my £250 excess so £9750. Told not a chance will I be accepting that and have sent them plenty of info to back up my side, £11k is the least I'm going to take!

Sorry to hear and TBH i didn't actually see that it was written off, i think you may struggle with cat d and 90k miles to get 11k but i wish you all the best with the sale.

Reactions: PeterPatch1
Sorry to hear and TBH i didn't actually see that it was written off, i think you may struggle with cat d and 90k miles to get 11k but i wish you all the best with the sale.

Cheers Mat, It's not private sale tho pal, I'm actually haggling with insurance on what they should be paying me out. They have to give me what you'd get on private sale or book price, and I'm sure a 2008 with 90k and FASH plus plenty of factory extras is worth 11k?! I've sent them full spec of car, plenty of ads and three independent valuations that back up my side. So hopefully mate they look in my favour!

Reactions: S3_Mat
ohhhhh I follow, I thought "are you tryin to sell it... damaged not repaired... for £11k??"

get it now, find out if they have a buy-back price in mind, if they pay you out £9750 and you get to buy it back as cat d salvage for seriously cheap, it'll be worth putting back together or selling as it is, heavily reduced to get your £11k total

after my last post I spotted your other thread detailing what damage was done

Finally paid out from insurance £11.5k, happy with that especially when they only offered me £10k to start.

Reactions: ron burgandy
Ye said there's no buy back just going straight to salvage!