Stage 1 boost.

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
I have stage one map with no other mods and my boost spikes to 22psi and sits about 20psi.
Is this normal for an S3 off boost it sits about -20

Thanks dan

Ive heard stage one boost is around 18psi and standard boost is 12psi. I could be wrong tho

Really mine is suppose to be stage 1 but when the car is off the needle sits like this, should it be at 0?

qudyneta.jpg

Yes but would it sit that low? And would you expect 22psi spike and to sit around 20 psi ?

My Leon cupra r bam engine was exactly the same as you've posted

Did have an unknown **** map on though, hence why I f***ed it off sharpish

Sean

My buddy had a nice stage one jabba map on his cupra r, very nice boost spike that was probably the cause of a rod exiting the block!

Oh no. Hopefully someone else with a stage 1 map on an S3 can offer some advice I would like to know if it is normal

Im pretty sure 20psi mapped is normal, but ill wait for someone to come and confirm it :p

1.2 bar is about 18psi
I'm above that. Does you gauge sit below 0 when ignition is off like my photo?

My guage sits at 0.0 as its an led or digital gauge. Usually round -0.7 at idle.

That vacuum is identical to my A3 AGU. When the engine is off the gauge should be sitting on the 0, the fact that it isn't would suggest to me that the gauge isn't as accurate as it could be. I originally had a mechanical gauge that didn't sit right on 0 and when I swapped it with a digital stepper gauge it would be right on 0 when the engine was off

Yes, if it is sitting below 0 and then hits 22psi it could actually be 23/24 psi as the gauge is out.
Anyone else with an S3 who can share there readings?

Maybe do some logging to see what PSI the MAP sensor reads. The gauge could be out either way, +/-.
Sadly I cannot tell you what PSI your car should be running at but I'm sure someone else around here can

Yes I have, previous owner got jabba to stage one map it and they reported no issues so presumed it was fine as the boost gage was in at the time so they would have seen that