Audi a3 2005 mid - Starting problems..

gPuzz

Reaction score
Hey

My car is acting up (again)
It's a real pain to get it to start, but whats weird is that it's not every day, it seems like it depends on the weather, if it goes from warm to cold, it acts like the video i have added in this post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19w77yqv6nz9r02/VID_20140403_104532.mp4

If the motor is warm, theres never any problems, it only happends if it has been standing still for like 12 hours or more.

As you can see, the motor light is on, i have read out the codes using vagcom, but those errors doesnt correspond with the starting problems.

I have done this so far:

-Changed battery (Last summer)
-Changed the glow plugs (Last summer)
-Changed the starter (1 month ago)

I have also changed 2/4 nozzles? I Don't know the correct term in english, but i assume they are the same as injectors.

I would love all the help u can give, because this car has been giving me headaches for far to long now...

if you have changed injectors have you set them back up as u cant just take them out and just put them back in again injection timing has to be set back up and there is a certain way to tighten them down

I havent done that myself, it was done by my local audi garage. and it was done like one year ago, prior to when the problem occured.

Mine does the same when the tank is half empty.
As soon as the needle goes below 1/2, it starts to do this. The emptier the tank is the more time it takes to start.
The problem, I hope, is the in-tank fuel pump. I'll have to change it and see if it happens again.
Meanwhile I keep the tank filled above 1/2.

Worth checking if yours does this under the same circumstances. The pump isn't completely broken so it doesn't show any error. I think it just lost some of the power and can't lift the fuel efficiently when is below half.

It occurs even when it's full with diesel so it's not very clear cut what makes this happen :/

No, no coolant loss. This car is a mouthful!