2.0 tfsi advice

Mark Haslam

Reaction score
Hi, quite new to this forum, enjoyed reading through some previous threads, obviously some very knowledgeable people willing to give advice so hoping somebody can point me in the right direction..

I've recently purchased an a3 2.0 tfsi and having put a full s3 body kit on and got her looking how I want I'm now looking at some engine mods, but id rather get advice first than go to a tuning garage and fork out money on the wrong things

Having read over previous threads I think the way I'm going to go is a CAI looking at revo, (although it's expensive seems to be first choice for many), a pierburg diverter valve and a decat pipe (hoping to source one locally from exhaust uk) then a remap

I'm not looking for major power increases just nice gains, I'm sure some will tell me were I'm goin wrong, but any advice will be greatly appreciated

revo CAI is deffo the way forward if you can afford it.
Not sure that you need a new diverter valve, unless its leaking of course.

But you shud put the money in for a new fuel pump and go straight to stage 2+ :p

Im in a 2.0 a3 with just the ebay CAI, and after Rick's remap magic it shud be running 265 ish.

But if i was you id deffo get the fuel pump aswel then get it mapped together, you will only want to have the extra power after the first initial map then have to pay again SO think of it as saving money only having to get it mapped once :p

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Where are you located Mark? Some dealers would possibly do you a deal with the intake and the software. you can also chose to return for Revo Stage 2 at a later date for just £50 + VAT upgrade charge, or even 2+

Thanks, the reasoning behind the diverter valve was just from doing some research I've got the impression that the standards are prone to split/break, I may be wrong

Fuel pump is something I've never considered so will deffinately look into that and see what's out there and the costs

Yes I was hoping if I can get all the mods and get them fitted then finally go with the map for optimum results

265bhp wud be awesome result, I know these engines are capable of well in excess of 300bhp but if I can get anywhere around 250bhp without spending a fortune I'll be more than happy

I'm based in sheffield, I was thinking of taking it to stattlers as I've heard good reviews, but again I'm unsure, not sure if you know of them?

RedDejavu thanks, if I was to go with a bigger turbo would I have to look at changing the internals and intercooler aswel? The problem is I'm reaching my budget and I know it can be easy to spend a small fortune creating a beast

If you just want 250, then just leave it standard and have it remapped. £300 and your done