Need help With ISO harness. After market head unit.

mountain_man

Reaction score
Im having a bit of a nightmare with finding the right iso harness to fit my 2006 8p a3 sportsback.

The stock head unit i had in there from factory is a Concert 8PO 035 186

The head unit i am installing is a pioneer AVH-34000DVD

I have tried pc9-410 audi iso
Halfords | Autoleads PC9-404/PC9-410 - Audi ISO Lead/Harness Adaptor

This fitted properly and the unit powered up but there was no sound.

I have been told (by Audi) that the system is fully amplified..but it is not bose im my model.

I think this is why i didn't get any sound as the pc9-410 is for a bose amplified system.

Can anyone offer any guidance as to which ISO i need. I have included pictures below as i have heard that having a brown connector means that its a certain type of system, but im unsure which.

IMG 20140321 085401685

IMG 20140321 085408657

hi mate,

i had the same problem, ill show you what my iso harness looks like when i get it out, i had to crimp multiple wires together to get sound and power to work! its fine now though works great :)

That would be really helpful brad. If you have a link to a colour coded wiring diagram so i know what im linking, or photos of yours. I
have no problem with wiring it up by hand...just need to know what wire is what.:uhm:

You need to link the blue wire from the adapter harness to your remote wire (blue/white) of your pioneer head unit. Ive just fiited my kenwood double din in my 2005 8p and that is what i had to do. Remember to wire up the red fly lead to ignition live as because the original stereo runs on canbus, there is no ignition wire on the original loom.

Hi Sparkz I'll try that. Maybe that (blue/white) was the linch pin.
I had scotch locked the hand brake wire to the earth as that stopped the dvd player working while one the move..splicing to earth lets you watch dvd on the go...
I have a live ignition wire coming out from a rear wiper on a piggy back fuse. This is powering the HU fine...just the sound issue...the issue being im not getting any.

I'll see how a feed between both blue and white cables effects it...sure im just being a numpty here. thanks for the imput.
I'll keep the thread updated:keule:

Hi adam.
Those connectors look like they would fit, but i dont have steering wheel controls in my sportback. Have you installed one of these in yours? Just want to make sure that i don't spend £50 and find that it wont work with with out the steering wheel controls connected?

Been away just got back and remembered i have this head unit to sort. Andyam did you need any other adapter for the radio? thought i might as well save on postage if i do...does your radio work ok?
The current radio connector is the standard audi one which looks like IMG 20140403 142603216 does the CTSAD003 cable have these connectors incorporated or will i need to get a adapter?