What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Jimmy rear gear box mount talk to me hard job or easy job I got s slight knock sound when reversing replaced front snub so this is next on my list to do

Easy enough mate, it's just a bit cramped when your on the drive.

It's hidden away behind the rear under tray so that has to come off first, then you can see it sat sat in the gearbox support bracket.

Now it's time to prop the gearbox up with a block of wood on your jack so it doesn't slap you upside your head halfway through the next step.

The gearbox support bracket is removed by undoing the three 18mm bolts at either end. If you take note you can see where I've been laying frame.................
on speed bumps

Once these six bolts are out there are two 13mm bolts to undo on the mount. I forgot to take a picture at this point as I was in the zone, but I've circled them (poorly) in this picture.

Once they're out the bracket can be pulled down to pop it off of the mount, and slid backwards out of the way along the exhaust.

Once that's moved there are three 13mm bolts holding the mount to the box itself. Again I was in the zone and had removed two of them before taking the photo, but you can see where they were.

It was at this point the **** hit the fan and I began dropping f bombs as I realised I had ordered the wrong part.

Spot the difference

On closer inspection after I had calmed down I noticed the actual bushing was the same, it was just the mounting bracket that was different.

So out came the torx 45, and 16mm bits to pull them both to bits.

I then cleaned the old mounting bracket up with a wire brush before fitting the new bush to it. I had to use the bolt from the old unit as the new one was too long due to the slight difference in design.
There was quite a difference in the bushes just looking at them, but I could also feel a difference by hand when trying to move the gearbox once everything was back together.

Then it's just a case of working backwards to refit everything.

My 04reg FWD 130pd Sport with a manual 6 speed box had the below part number

Last edited:
Ang idea in your gear box code ones GBQ I'm assuming it's the same bush but different bracket between the 5 and 6 speed

How much was the mounting Jimmy matey?
Mines a saloon 1.9 5 speed fwd

top write up

I've no idea which gearbox code I have sorry, but I would imagine all the fwd use the same bush with a slightly different bracket.

The best thing to do is get under and have a look which one you have. You would only need to unscrew the two rear screws from the under tray to see the part number.

I went off off the info off someone's post with a 130pd that said they had the part number that I bought, which may have been the 5spd?

£40 for the Meyley part, which is pretty much the same as Audi charge I believe, but I've been on nights this week so didn't have chance to go to tps so ordered one off eGay.

I wish I had had a look under there before doing the job now, I could have saved myself £25

Got my car back and all the Christmas lights on the dash board are gone!

went and got an alignment done, and then the rears start rubbing...

The car looks like the chassis has shifted to one side of the body? The left wheel sticks out further than the right.

Is this potentially camber alignment or because the car is lowered the little faults are exaggerated?

Nah no print out, will be going back next Saturday.... I think I need to get some extra camber as I have big wheels with big tyres....

I'm going through a love hate relationship with the a4 atm
Il clean it, get it mint and something else happens to it.

Il fix 1 thing and something else drops on the list.
Il get a picture up later, I've got a rear votex lying around so might just take the back bumper and votex to get fully painted and it might make me love the car a bit more lol

Reminds me of my relationship with my old car. Nothing beats a fully cleaned and fully polished car! You'll fall in love with it all over again i think. With regards to the Votex bumper..do it...summer is fast approaching :)

Well after pretty much rebuilding the top end of my 1.8t with new everything i decided to take it for a drive(flight). MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice.:yahoo:

getting annoyed with my headlight, constantly changing bulbs! indicator gone again, put new ones in 3 weeks ago :-@

Today i av bin mostly playing with my fuel trim, spent hours tickling things but could not get it below 3%, then i realised :idea: ive got Forte injector cleaner in my tank (a rather copious amount) Dohhh :oops:

fitted my new wing, along with grill and a polish up the bumper.. just the rim to sort out next.. and shes back to where she was..

Attachments

• dented.PNG
    dented.PNG
    780.5 KB · Views: 250
  • new wing.PNG
    new wing.PNG
    932.5 KB · Views: 246
Planned: replace the serpentine belt to remedy the start-up squealing (fingers crossed), then have the whining sound investigated in preparation for a Revo remap. Then a decent set of tyres and a wash and we're all done

Stripped and cleaned egr and considered blanking it off

Today i av mostly bin fittin my new bonnet cable PROPER **** of a job but done , also reset my throttle body , sorted an audi a4 1.9tdi with a misfire issue (number 4 injector stickin) and almost got round to tuning my bike carbs , almost.

On the bright side my new super tight see through mankini fits, (well most of me):wub:

Planned: replace the serpentine belt to remedy the start-up squealing (fingers crossed), then have the whining sound investigated in preparation for a Revo remap. Then a decent set of tyres and a wash and we're all done

Make sure you replace the tensioner.

Tried on some 18" wheels off a passat cc we had in for a sales mot today. I've had a vibration for a while and wanted to rule out my wheels being the issue, which turns out they are . Now just got to decide if I want to go down to 18" wheels rather then 19"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426956329454622

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426956336821641

Not sure I like the style of them but think I need to go back down to 18's

Tried on some different wheels today. 9x18" team dynamics prorace 1.2's. They look awesome but 19's are goin back in tomorrow. It wouldn't work even if I was to run a 225/40 with some stretch

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427221475870584

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427221483987866

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427221490604058

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427221505152819