What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

car stalled today, now have epc light and engine management light on, idle now at 1100 rpm and rough as anything through the revs, will scan it later then fun starts:faint:

Sorry to hear that mate, what's the epc light?

engine management, scanned and its the crank case speed sensor, anyone have the part number as im getting two different numbers via google, 1.8t 163bhp engine code BFB

WP 20140407 004

New stat fitted, temp now sits at 90 degrees. Happy days.
Fitting 2 new Bridgestone tyres this afternoon. Woo Hoo!

Fitted some rs4 alloys in gloss black now going do a facelift conversion

Get some pictures up and maybe a progress thread :icon_thumright:

Reactions: ruffrida
Finally received my new bonnet after being lost in the post for nearly 3 weeks, damaged on points near splash panel where it's been dropped by looks of things :( gutted

Could be mate. I'm hoping to get better mpg now. I took everyone's advice and chucked the pattern stat and instead fitted one from tps.

I just thought it was the weather and been a diesel takes a while, but when i am doing a 48 mile round trip from home to work and back, still no where near 90c, how much was it from TPS, do you have to be trade to get parts from them?? Just been on the website!!

new gas boot stuts have arrived ready for fitting tonight, will be nice to have a boot that doesn't slam shut :)

Had new clutch, flywheel, etc, done over the weekend - YESSS!!!

Now need to book in for cambelt, waterpump, service and brake fluid change - NOOOOO!!!

In fact, it's not even my car so does it still count? :think:

Got my towbar fitted today, but the plugs were damaged in transit :(, so I'll need to wait till another day to get the electrics done!

Where are people getting their tailgate gas struts, O.E or other?

Had remap taken off today as I've started to get clutch slip.

Power still seems pretty good just runs out of boost a bit quicker but now I can cruise around in a higher gear than I could have with the map.
Also no clutch slip at all now.

Also bought some contact cleaner to clean maf.

It might be worth speaking to a breaker, when I ebayed mine they were for £1.98 or something stupid so I assumed there wasn't much demand for them!

If I was in the market for them and Audi ones were too dear (not sure how much they are tbh) I would look to give SGS Engineering in Derby a try. The main body of their business is hyrdaulic and gas strut production, jacks, presses, compressors, all that sort of stuff.

I personally ordered a mechanics roller stool thingy from them and am very happy with the quality/performance. The guy on the phone was a pleasure to deal with and if I'm not mistaken their struts carry a 2-yr warranty.

Gave the old girl a nice warm soapy bath!! :kissmyrings:

(Apologies for the wheels - she's still wearing her winter boots)

Drove it :) but i now have a fair amount of new bits to fit this weekend, Rs4 headlining and upper trims, all new shocks and springs, new thermostat, picking up new wheel bearing in the morning, so ill of shown my b6 lots of TLC this week, im also going to give it its 6k service and possibly if i can find the time amongst everything else to do the timing belt, but may leave that till next week when ill have my laptop back with VCDS on

Popped over to TPS in Shrewsbury yesterday to collect an OEM Thermostat amongst a few other bits. Anyway the young chap told me that there is no gasket or 'O' ring between the egr valve and the inlet manifold! He may be correct but I think there is an 'O' ring as I've seen clips on YouTube. I'll go to my local motor factors in a bit and check.

Be careful with them there at Shrewsbury bro, they haven't got a f'in clue sometimes. I ordered a flywheel bearing last week to be delivered to my garage, often referred to as a needle/spigot bearing. Gave him the correct part number and everything and they sent him a god damn pop-rivet?!?!!?! Luckily the old bearing was fine so my mechanic just changed the clutch and flywheel and built it back up.

Then yesterday I called to clarify costs and part numbers for all the bits needed to fit cruise and DIS and he's swearing blind that I don't need a new steering wheel control module and that it all just needs coding in with vag.com. I'm telling the dude that's I've done my research and read through many forums, etc, and what he's saying doesn't sound right but he kept going back to saying I don't need a different SWCM. Bear in mind I currently have no cruise, DIS, MFSW, heated wheel, etc? They're turning out to be a bit of a liability at the moment. Best off ringing main dealers, getting the proper info and part numbers then ordering it through TPS.

Shouldn't make any difference in price between dealer and tps as dealers are supplied by tps only difference will be any discount they are willing to pass on.

I suppose that makes sense, I've always found TPS a bit cheaper for the parts I've needed to order though. Must be getting the discounts passed on.

My local dealer always gives me 5-10% depending on what it is, i have an account with tps but seem to do better from dealer.

Whats that parked behind your audi is that not the wrong breed ?

Could be mate. I'm hoping to get better mpg now. I took everyone's advice and chucked the pattern stat and instead fitted one from tps.

Was this an easy job to do BakPak? As i know me 8L 1 was a proper pain in the **** get back in, giz a clue where it is located aswel, cheers

Gave the old girl a nice warm soapy bath!! :kissmyrings:

(Apologies for the wheels - she's still wearing her winter boots)

Very nice, mine loves a warm soapy bath lol, might treat her when i get in lol.

Sorry but not keen on the rear lights, remind of the old halford wanna be LED's, the back threw me aswel, that is the Vortex kit without the twin exhaust??

Was this an easy job to do BakPak? As i know me 8L 1 was a proper pain in the **** get back in, giz a clue where it is located aswel, cheers

It's easy enough mate it took me about an hour all in taking my time

Yeah the rear lights were on the car when we bought it as were the fronts. I think they have quite a nice look to them when they're lit up at night but must admit they do look a bit ripspeed-y at other times of time the day. Not overly keen on the fronts either to be honest, but look different to the originals so they've stayed on and I actually like the darkened look of the lights all round so not really had any burning desire to change them at the moment.

As for the kit, yes you're quite right, it's a votex kit but not sure what pipe arrangements/styles were available for these cars back in the day. I know it had the kit fitted somewhere between new and when the first owner sold the car when it was approx. 4 months old as I have the sale receipt from when the second owner bought the car back in 2003.

Mind you looking at that crappy picture, it doesn't do them much justice either so I'll just shut up now :yes:

Yeah the rear lights were on the car when we bought it as were the fronts. I think they have quite a nice look to them when they're lit up at night but must admit they do look a bit ripspeed-y at other times of time the day. Not overly keen on the fronts either to be honest, but look different to the originals so they've stayed on and I actually like the darkened look of the lights all round so not really had any burning desire to change them at the moment.

As for the kit, yes you're quite right, it's a votex kit but not sure what pipe arrangements/styles were available for these cars back in the day. I know it had the kit fitted somewhere between new and when the first owner sold the car when it was approx. 4 months old as I have the sale receipt from when the second owner bought the car back in 2003.

See what ya mean in the dark, a very different light, and very nice indeed.

Always liked a dark tint to a light, i would never get away with it though with me car been black, may do Alexgsi's trick though and just blackout the reverse light i think it is, the clear bit on standard rears ahahahah