Usb connectivity

james_ingham

Reaction score
Could anybody recommend the best way to install usb connectivity into an 06 plate s line a3? Is there a audi concert or symphony standard head unit audi did with a usb input? I dont really wanna do away with a standard head unit to put in a single din aftermarket headunit

cheers

connects2 do identical units for the oem stereo too, available all over ebay

I have one in my 04 sport on my standard single din concert, meaning my old broken mp3 player could be used as a USB drive and was no longer useless (also it no longer needed a battery!)

I stopped using the mp3 player as it took up MUCH less space to use as SD card instead!

Yea i think i might get one of those mike does it charge the phone? And is it possible to get one for an iphone 5?

actually I may have given you some duff info here, the connectors are ipod and 3.5mm jack that plugs into phone or whatever else, not usb at all! The ipod connector connects to the concert and will charge it too. You can still operate the ipod as usual and you can select forward or back tracks using the the concert controls. The 3.5mm jack obviously won't charge a device but will allow you to connect other stuff. It's cheap tho! Dunno about iphone 5, sorry.

This cable is actually the third thing that I have tried. Before this I had a converter (again plugs in at the back) which gave me a box in the glove box with a usb in, a 3.5mm audio in and an SD card slot. Problems were that I couldn't charge the ipod with it and had no controls on the concert which meant faffing around with everything. I also tried a Griffin Autopilot but found that it emitted a high-pitch whine that changed in frequency with the engine revs... I still have both if you want to make me an offer for them.

Anyway, sorry for the waffle, got a bit carried away there ! :shutup2:

What did you plug an sd card into?

The xcarlink and connects2 boxes you can get for your car don't just have a USB connection, you can get different ones, Mine has 3 inputs, USB slot, SD card slot and also a line-in (similar to aux, goes from the headphone socket of whatever music player you're using)

Hi rory21388, I have the concert 2 unit. I don't have the quadlock, mines got a 20 pin block. I used an adaptor similar to the one half way down this page

I have that adaptor too on my connects2. It fitted my old Audi TT perfectly. I think the TT had a concert 2 unit.

I was originally hoping to use the connects2 again but the connector doesnt fit due to the quadlock! Bit of a bummer.