Car for bowfer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He wasn't impressed with his S4 at all (had it for about 3 weeks),so I think we could guess his thoughts on the RS4.

Obviously someone else who dosen't test drive before buying.....sorry, using company funds. You'll soon make manager bowfer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh he did test drive it Japper but,as with me with DSG,his initial enjoyment of the motor went downhill rapidly.A case of familiarity breeding contempt.

He cited horrendous fuel consumption and it's boring looks as the main reason for getting rid.

A case of what looks good in a bright dealer's showroom suddenly looking dull in real life.

He's definitely not anti-Audi though,as he's bought some fancy TT in Avus Silver with a black roof.

TT sport or something ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
Smartest lookest TT I've seen,but still not my cup of hot sick.

Anyway,must dash.Got to get rid of work today so I can attend the launch of the new Alfa 159 tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh, the S4 is a 4.2 V8 isn't it....what did he expect 40mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and as for looks, I dont know about the rest of you Audi owners, BUT that is exactly why I like Audi's. Their styling is classic understatement.

And bowfer, I understand you'd want something 'different' for your 55K, but please compare apples with apples.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He wasn't impressed with his S4 at all (had it for about 3 weeks),so I think we could guess his thoughts on the RS4.

Obviously someone else who dosen't test drive before buying.....sorry, using company funds. You'll soon make manager bowfer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh he did test drive it Japper but,as with me with DSG,his initial enjoyment of the motor went downhill rapidly.A case of familiarity breeding contempt.

He cited horrendous fuel consumption and it's boring looks as the main reason for getting rid.

A case of what looks good in a bright dealer's showroom suddenly looking dull in real life.

He's definitely not anti-Audi though,as he's bought some fancy TT in Avus Silver with a black roof.

TT sport or something ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
Smartest lookest TT I've seen,but still not my cup of hot sick.

Anyway,must dash.Got to get rid of work today so I can attend the launch of the new Alfa 159 tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh, the S4 is a 4.2 V8 isn't it....what did he expect 40mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and as for looks, I dont know about the rest of you Audi owners,

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have to ask him what he expected Japper,but he said he didn't like filling up every 200 miles or so,so perhaps Audi should fit a bigger tank their larger engined vehicles ?

Like I said,he said he thought it looked great in the showroom,but too like any other A4 on the road.

I'd just like the means and freedom to chop and change like he does !

[ QUOTE ]
and as for looks, I dont know about the rest of you Audi owners, BUT that is exactly why I like Audi's. Their styling is classic understatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly - could not agree more. Nothing flash, just good design, inside and out.

[ QUOTE ]
must admit, there seems to have been an explosion of A3s down here just recently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See quite a few sportsbacks (or A3 estates) but I find that as they're so similar, most drivers get A3-envy syndrome... in traffic or at the lights, people are checking out the model, wheels, etc. of yours compared to mine, etc. Funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I do that all of the time... I feel gutted when I've got an S-Line or a Quattro sat at the side of me... It makes me wish I'd spent that extra few grand and gone the whole hog! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Sorry to bring it up (again) but the 3dr in my opinion are far better looking!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

Oh you are one of those that we look down on are you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just keep thinking out how much less is costing to run.

I've noticed quite a few normal/sport owners looking at my wheels with envy.

I also agree the 3 door looks better,but only with the 'new' front.

Don't like the old 3 door front at all,but I do quite like the rear lights which light up as a rectangle,if I remember correctly.

Not sure if the new-front 3-door still has those or not.

As far as I can tell, the part numbers for the rear lights on the 3-door are the same for the 2004 and 2006 models. It looks like they changed the front end and not the back.

Jesus christ guys the next thing you'll be doing is jumping out of the car at the lights knocking on the other guys door and having a look at which options he's got inside, and I'm guessing start comparing willy sizes too while your at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Could be interesting if it's a lady driving !

I've got a couple of mates that run the S4, ones an avant and the others just the saloon. Both really nice cars.

Get through front tyres like no ones bussines though... MPG wise they both get better figures than I ever did in my R32.

I too am in favour of the Audi look. Understated and classy.

J.

There's a red RS4 in the showroom at Northampton. Just had to sit in it as I waited for my A3 to be ready.
Awesome.
Dealer said they have sold 11 of their allocated 12 machines but none of the salesmen have been allowed to drive them!
A snip at 52K.....

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed quite a few normal/sport owners looking at my wheels with envy.

I also agree the 3 door looks better,but only with the 'new' front.

Don't like the old 3 door front at all,but I do quite like the rear lights which light up as a rectangle,if I remember correctly.

Not sure if the new-front 3-door still has those or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the Sports back in black sline with the aluminium runners on the roof looks great, but as a rule 3 doors look better.

They only changed the front in 3-door version to have that goddamn ugly mouth in it. It just eats all the lines of the car, all you can see is that big plastic grill, which is made by.. mm, Opel?

Luckily A3s aren't that popular in Finland, though I still miss Quattro everytime I leave the lights.. why on earth didn't they sell any Quattro models other than 3.2 when A3 was launched (actually they didn't even sell 3.2 when I bought mine.. but still).

Changing car to same car with just little extra detail isn't something I want to do, I'll stick with this until I find some new car to go with. At the moment, there's nothing I'd like more than mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif