Registration plate bulbs?

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
One of my plate bulbs need replacing i know you have loads of led ones on ebay and claim to not show faults, but which ones do you use?? And anyone know how much they are from audi?

Thanks

Depends on the year of the car.
I have LEDs from an Audi A5.

Depends on the year of the car.
I have LEDs from an Audi A5.

Would you have the part numbers for these LED bulbs as I've been asking my mate at TPS for OEM LED bulbs and the only ones he could find was the Mk6 golf and 8v a3 ones which won't fit.

Cheers Dan

Just contacted Nottingham Audi and they have quoted me £17.33 + VAT for the genuine lights 4H0 943 021 and 4H0 943 022 if that helps anyone?

why you spending so much on the whole light units?

SL4VE, let me know how you get on with those bulbs as one of my number plate bulbs has gone dull and needs replaced.

why you spending so much on the whole light units?

Because I'm trying to keep as much of mine OEM as possible and Ive had bad experiences with cheap eBay parts before. Just my preference.

ok cool, ive had some sidelight bulbs and headlight bulbs from ebay for about 8 months now and no issues. also with the rears you change the bulb so the housing remains OEM

not knocking your preference just curious, i might end up doing the same if the cheapo ones dont work but work risking £4

ok cool, ive had some sidelight bulbs and headlight bulbs from ebay for about 8 months now and no issues. also with the rears you change the bulb so the housing remains OEM

not knocking your preference just curious, i might end up doing the same if the cheapo ones dont work but work risking £4

Haha don't get me wrong I've had eBay specials before but they kept throwing up errors and blowing rather quick for my liking :D
And i'm just going to sell my existing plate lights I think and fit the new housing.

I really dont want any errors flashimg up at me thats one thing i cannot stand! Just want bright oem bulbs might go in warrington audi this weekend see what they can do

That's the whole light unit! I'm the same I'm not wanting any errors at all and the OEM look, had the eBay specials before on my old mk5 waste of time so hopefully these ones will work the trick.

Cheers Dan

if the A5 housing works, why doesnt the A5 Bulbs work?

mine are here, gonna install them after work and will let you know if their any good

Reactions: Sprintblu3

Working perfectly. But what a ******* to do. Had one corroded screw which took and hour to do. Than couldn't get the housings to make a connection. Truly took me an hour, so annoyed. But no faults and happy

Although I do need one housing if anyone's got one spare. Left side (pass) ****** things full of crud

View attachment 28025

Working perfectly. But what a ******* to do. Had one corroded screw which took and hour to do. Than couldn't get the housings to make a connection. Truly took me an hour, so annoyed. But no faults and happy

Although I do need one housing if anyone's got one spare. Left side (pass) ****** things full of crud

I'll have one going cheap once I fit the new ones on Monday!

Siddo - PM me how much please

So i went to swap bulbs today turns out they wrong colour :mad: anoyed isnt the word. Anyways one of my bulb holder has corroded and snapped on me meaning there is now just the whole where the bulb is meant to go, i only have time saturday to get to audi to purchase one. Question is what am i best using to cover the gap or will nothing get into it since its under the ledge?

Bit of a thread resurrection but my plate bulbs have gone on the a3. I'd like a whitish light but obviously don't want the errors.

Can I ask what people have replaced their rear reg plate lights with without getting errors?

Thanks.

R