The car after the one you have (or have on order)...

we went full spec, expecting an element of luxury. perhaps you went for the poor mans edition ?

You'll be disappointed if you expect luxury out of a hatchback (even a hatchback with every option ticked is still a hatchback), perhaps you should have stretched your rich mans budget further for something more luxurious than a hatchback.

Folk with £34k S3's will have a faster car than those with £44k anyway, all about the weight savings.
Options compromise performance.

:salute::p

Reactions: squiretolley, d8ean and PilotAudi
You'll be disappointed if you expect luxury out of a hatchback (even a hatchback with every option ticked is still a hatchback), perhaps you should have stretched your rich mans budget further for something more luxurious than a hatchback.

Folk with £34k S3's will have a faster car than those with £44k anyway, all about the weight savings.

To some people, owning a hatchback audi is a luxury just because you and/or other people can afford more expensive and so called "luxurious" cars doesnt mean some people dont class them as luxury, blimey to some people just owning a car is a luxury now a days.

Reactions: BGS, robo1million, MA3RC and 1 other person

oooooohhhhhhhhh..............touched your nerve have I ? what else is available that will offer roof rails, single garage entry and 100kmh in less than 5 seconds as well as offer an element of comfort............ over to you maestro.................

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and PilotAudi
oooooohhhhhhhhh..............touched your nerve have I ? what else is available that will offer roof rails, single garage entry and 100kmh in less than 5 seconds as well as offer an element of comfort............ over to you maestro.................

Is that your definition of a luxury car?
I was picking up on your expectation that it will be a luxury product, that's all.

Last edited:
Hard to really say what my next car would be.

S3 Plus, dont think I would bother, a little bit faster isnt really worth it, needs to be a bit faster and everything else better so it would really need to be the RS3.

But given the choice it would be a Lotus Exige for fun drives and a Land Rover Defender for camping with. Really would like a good two seater sports car, just cant afford the impractical side of them.

Reactions: PilotAudi
I agree actually, not bothered about black edition, but if they do an S3 Plus in saloon I'll be tempted!

Back to a TT, the S3 is disappointing after my TTRS Revo stage 1. Hopefully a MK3 TTS/RS.

I wouldnt class the A/S3 as Luxury either I think that's reserved for a completely different class of car, although i have ordered the "poor mans version" it's through not wanting the other options as opposed to not being able to afford it.

Amount spent on a car doesn't decide if it is "luxury" or not.

Anyway on topic, I have my eyes on an M4 possibly for next car depends how well things go over the next couple of years.

Anyway on topic, I have my eyes on an M4 possibly for next car depends how well things go over the next couple of years.

But that's a BMW.. Brave person posting that on here.. most of us probably think BMW are 5hi7e.. that's why we have Audis... Revised A5 might be a better option!

But that's a BMW.. Brave person posting that on here.. most of us probably think BMW are 5hi7e.. that's why we have Audis... Revised A5 might be a better option!

This is my first Audi so no brand loyalty, I'll see how the S3 sits with me and maybe that will change my mind. I do quite like BMW's was very very close to buying a M135i instead, The interior/exterior of the S3 swayed me though.

I love bmws but they've just lost the plot on interior quality and exterior looks at the moment. Always seem to be lagging behind in tech terms too. Couldn't get half the decent tech on a 135i that you can on the s3....

Reactions: PilotAudi
I love bmws but they've just lost the plot on interior quality and exterior looks at the moment. Always seem to be lagging behind in tech terms too. Couldn't get half the decent tech on a 135i that you can on the s3....

BMW lost the plot in about 1988 IMHO . Loved the older models, 2002ti and 635CSl etc but modern stuff is second rate IMHO and local dealer p poor. Yes I do look before forming views ;-)

I don't know what my next car is going to be, but I do know I want it to be an electric car.

I don't know what my next car is going to be, but I do know I want it to be an electric car.

The new A3 e-tron? Hybrid rather than electric only but looks quite interesting.

I've always been a bit of a brand Whore
I get a new car about every 3 years or so but the love for my R33 Skyline has endured. It has always been my special car for weekends.
In the last few years as my daily driver I've had 2002 WRX,2004 supercharged V35 Skyline, 2007 A3 SB and a 2010 VW R36.
Currently driving a 2012 HSV Senator and an A4 cab (missus baby) ,considering the S3 sedan next but would really want to wait for a RS3

Last edited:
Yeh - I'm hoping they will make an electric only one by then.

Another thread from me as I try to stave off insanity as I wait for my S3. Given (as my wife calls it) I'm a car obsessed day dreamer, I've already given thought to what I'll get after my S3. Actually the thought was started during the ordering process as my dealer suggested that after 2 years I might want to trade in early for a Black Edition version of the car (always thinking ahead these Audi dealers!). What with that and talk of an S3 Plus and an RS3 in the works as well as (dare I say it) a new 235i coupe and 1-series saloon due in 2016 there is a lot coming that looks tasty.

So without wanting to sound avaricious, I wondered what people were thinking of for their next car (or the one after the one on order?) Would you stick with Audi even or jump to the dark side? ;)

The S3 SB I have on order will serve as the family/fishing/shopping wagon - I have a new Cayman S as my day-to-day car when I don't need a the boot space. I guess as the kids get bigger I'm looking at an A4, probably an All Road 3.0 TDI when I trade the S3 in three years time, may be even an A6 AR. It's the R8 that's the next milestone and I plan to get one in two years to replace my Cayman. I want a V10, which are still top dollar used, but in two years time should be within reach. Then again, I may get another Cayman - can't even begin to describe how good the new car is...

What do you have against hatchbacks?

I must admit I'm a sucker for a 6 cylinder engine. I had an E46 M3 and the engine was an absolute masterpiece, well when it was running properly, I think Audi's build quality and cabin quality is way ahead though.
I've driven lots of 911's, I'd love a GT3 but with a nipper I'd rather have the choice of having the back seats when required. A C4S in either black or grey is what I want to be in.
What colour GT3 you ordered?

911 turbo...

Back seats or the nipper too ;)

Can I put an end to the 'luxury' argument threatening my thread ;)

Here is the definition of a luxury car "Luxury vehicle is a marketing term for a vehicle that provides luxury — pleasant or desirable features beyond strict necessity — at increased expense (see luxury goods).

The term suggests a vehicle with higher quality equipment, better performance, more precise construction, comfort, higher design, technologically innovative modern, or features that convey an image, brand, status, or prestige, or any other 'discretionary' feature or combination of them. The term is also broad, highly variable and relative. It is a perceptual, conditional and subjective attribute that may be understood differently by different people; "what may be luxury for one may be premium for another." This is from The Luxury Strategy: Break the Rules of Marketing to Build Luxury Brands By Jean-Noel Kapferer

So there we have it, all down to personal view!

Reactions: Cumbrian_bob and PilotAudi

Porsch dual fuel 918 spyder, shows the way new cars are going to be. And who doesnt want a car that could return 94mpg and also 0-62 in 2.8 seconds. Stats arent confirmed yet, but the future of dual fuel cars looks better now its not just toyotas.

I think Tesla have already shown the way new cars are going to be, and I'll be watching what they do next with great interest (The Model S & Model X are too big for me really). I don't want a hybrid, I want full electric. Fossil fuels are a ridiculous idea when you think about it, and they are only going to get more and more expensive as oil gets harder and harder to find and drill for.

Will either be another A3, or an A5. Also interested in the R4 but no way I'll be able to justify it.

Porsch dual fuel 918 spyder, shows the way new cars are going to be. And who doesnt want a car that could return 94mpg and also 0-62 in 2.8 seconds. Stats arent confirmed yet, but the future of dual fuel cars looks better now its not just toyotas.

i've been invited by Porsche UK to drive the 918 at Silverstone in June. Wil be mightily interesting :)

Not sure at the moment, but I'm interested in seeing the Audi Q1, providing that is has 5 doors and Quattro. Possibly another A3 Sportback (currently on my second one!) or maybe a Q3.

My next car is unlikely to be an Audi A3 saloon, I've a habit of not owning the same model twice unless it is completely redesigned, not just a facelift...

I'd be interested in the new S4 which I reckon will be out when I need it to be. I assume the engine with be a V6 but will be interesting to see if they super or turbo charge it this time

For me it will be an s-tronic gearbox with an Audi sportback of some description wrapped around it.