Knocking on rear near side

SI-W85

Reaction score
Ok so as per the title I have a really annoying knocking on the rear near side, I fitted coilovers before Christmas and it has done it ever since, it only does it over uneven road surfaces not bumps but cracks in the road. It sounds like there is something loose in the boot rattling but i know there isn't as I can bounce the car up and down whilst stationary and hear it coming from suspension somewhere, it has been back to the garage who fitted the coilovers and they checked all bushes and said they were fine :/ they did say that my rear tyres were 50p shape probably from my old shockers been knackerd, so I went away and tried some new tyres and it still does it, it's driving me insane, the only things left that haven't been checked are top mount or faulty shock absorber so I have bought new rear top mounts which I will be fitting tomorrow before it goes back to the garage next Saturday. Can any of you guys think what else it could be???? I can see me chasing this knocking for ages until every single bush has been replaced lol

Had the same noise after new rear shocks , turned out the 21mm bolt for shocks was fully tight , nipped up and no noise ,

Hi thanks for the reply!!! I have put a new shocker top mount on today so had shocker off put back together and torqued up still knocking grrr wondering if it could be the tie arm now but rather than replacing everything one by one I think I will just wait until next Saturday for it to go in the garage and let them guys deal with it lol

Yeah mine was rear passenger side only noticed on uneven or bumps turned out was shocker and some rear axle arm I think it's called

Rite ok mine is also on passenger side I will be getting the garage to check everything properly as I don't want it back until it's cured :)