Production delay?

Acri16

Reaction score
He guys,

i ordered red my car at the end of October, received an expected day of 14/5/14 I then changed the suspension set up last week and received an email this week to say my new expected date is now 20/06/14 due to a "production delay"...are they having me on? Anyone else affected by this?

Thanks!

Its more than possible if you change such a major component, so not unexpected tbh.

Hi

I ordered mine on the 24th of October and the week before Christmas I was given a confirmed week 4 build date with delivery in March. You have ordered virtually the same car so that seems like an awfully long time to wait.

Yes that's far too long to wait.

I ordered mine at the start of Oct and it is landing at the dealer any day now.

But if he accepted the original date, then changed a major part, a month delay isn't to be unexpected tbh on a new chassis, unless he's also unhappy with the original date with spec as ordered.

I would be - May is a crazy delivery time unless it's a saloon that's on order.

That would make that car 4 months slower for delivery than mine?!

I would be - May is a crazy delivery time unless it's a saloon that's on order.

That would make that car 4 months slower for delivery than mine?!

My better half ordered hers mid December - got a build date of week 8. I suspect the dealer modified an existing order. Though it would be just over 3 months from order to delivery. Is that normal for a 1.6 SE?

We just made a minor trim change and the build date has not changed, as far as I am aware.

Ordered mine (184 Q s-tronic) late October, got a confirmed build date of W5 and it has already been built and in the country and is being delivered to the dealer any time now.

Ordered mine (184 Q s-tronic) late October, got a confirmed build date of W5 and it has already been built and in the country and is being delivered to the dealer any time now.
This is week 2. How does that work?

Ordered mine (SB S line TDI 184 quattro S tronic) on 1st Nov. Was originally given build week 4, but it's now gone out to week 8

Ordered mine early September, got the car 11 weeks later.
Crazy differentiations in delivery time by different dealers.

I think some dealers get more allocation of certain cars.
Aberdeen seems to be able to turn an S3 round pretty quickly.
Seen 6 different S3's up here now.......

Week 18 is what my dealer says but yet to have that confirmed. Hoping it will be brought forward. Early June pick up really is not great.

I just don't get it... Four and a half months to wait for a new car is ridiculous. When I was comparing cars, BMW could deliver me a new 3 series Touring, to my spec, in 6 weeks. Why is it SO much slower at Audi?..

I just don't get it... Four and a half months to wait for a new car is ridiculous. When I was comparing cars, BMW could deliver me a new 3 series Touring, to my spec, in 6 weeks. Why is it SO much slower at Audi?..

Simples.........Because it is a a very good car and very popular, compared to BMW's who have been discounting heavily for the last few months and have short order books.

Was quoted £6000 off and built and delivered in 6 weeks when looking at M 135i.

Says it all I think.

Says it all I think.

Yeah, says for me, BMW could deliver m135 yesterday and offer it for free and it would still be far too ugly to consider owning.

Reactions: m0sbf, snakehips and Pulp84

Says it all I think.

Says to me there is not much demand for an M135i - big discounts are used by suppliers who cannot move their goods.

Think someone over on the A1 forum had found lease deals for the M 135i at £280 odd inc VAT for a bog standard one.

Always worries me when a deal is too good to be true. I also found the finance payments much higher on the M 135i due to its woeful guaranteed future value.

Ordered my sport back 1st Sept for build week 6 and march delivery. That's 6-7 months. I wasn't terribly happy with this either. Hearing some of these 11 week turn arounds is fairly disappointing. They had better get my spec correct!

Ordered my sport back 1st Sept for build week 6 and march delivery. That's 6-7 months. I wasn't terribly happy with this either. Hearing some of these 11 week turn arounds is fairly disappointing. They had better get my spec correct!

You ordered a week after me and I got mine the week before Christmas. Not gloating, just another example of huge variation.