Tdi tuning box

Prowler

Reaction score
Hi all

i got my tdi tuning box today. Haven't fitted it yet. Does any one know what the adjustment screws do?.
im not sure as I got it off a friend of a friend an there's nothing in the box that tells you.
Any help is appreciated
thanks.

It has two dials on the side both of witch go from 0/9.
The left one is on 4 an the right one on 5????

It's the crtd2 box they do. Connetcs to maf an the fuel systerm

I should imagine that one dial controls the amount of extra fuel and the other the amount of extra boost. You probably need to marry the two up,If your car doesn't have a DPF then the adding too much fuel without more boost will end up with black smoke. It's a guessing game with the settings probably start 4/4 and go from there.
I would really want a boost gauge to see what is happening with the boost pressure if that is being altered.

CRTD2 Tuning Box for 2013 Passat 2.0 TDI - TDIClub Forums

Karl.

Right so I fitted the tuning box today. Wow what a difference it pulls thro the revs so much better.
Started from 3 on both dials With not much change.
I'm now on 4 on one and 5 on the other. An the car has come too life. Going to do some more testing tomorrow see if I can improve it any more.

A remap would be more efficient and better on the car than a tuning box. Just my two pence. Ever car I've had had been remapped rather than tuning box.

Reactions: DieselJake and GeoffDunk
I agree a map is better but you can't just remove it like the tuning box. If i don't like it any more then I will just go out side an take it off.
And results I'm gettin so far I can't knock it.

Can just go back to the remap company and say you didn't like it and they'll take it off... unless you mean taking the box out in the event of an incident so insurance can never find out haha (even though they probably wouldn't know it was mapped).

And if you have warranty left on the car. If some thing goes wrong just take it off.

I agree a map is better but you can't just remove it like the tuning box. If i don't like it any more then I will just go out side an take it off.
And results I'm gettin so far I can't knock it.

Some tuning companies can put a switch on the glovebox with the remap on and remap off. There's one in Northern Ireland that can called autotune ni.

But it as said most tuning companies will have a money back guarantee that after 30days or so you ain't happy they will return car to standard and refund. I'd never consider tuning box...

Hi Prowler,

Glad you are pleased with your results. If you would like any help in making adjustments to you box please give us a call on 01245 392255.