Thieving gits!

dik

Reaction score
night before last I came out to my S3 on a lovely frosty morning, car looking dirty as normal (i.e. dull) then something glints from the bottom of the car

Hang on someones nicked just ONE of the centre caps of my RS4 replicas and the clean centre hub is grinning at me (cos its clean)

Well i`m p!ssed off to say the least.

Now I`ve got to try and find a similar one rather than buy a full set!!

at least DickyS3 is lending me a hand to sort it out

I cant believe people... its just not fair.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

sorry to hear that mate, gud on dicky for sorting u out....hope u get one soon

yeah - sorry to hear that mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif as you say, it's not fair at all. hope you manage to find one to replace soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

it happened to me as well, so am driving with one cap off, looks stupid.

dont know where to get one from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Blame Audi for charging so much for the real ones, £17 each are they mad????

Not to put a downer on things but do you think they were after the wheels and were checking to see if you had std audi locking nuts on ?????

I lost one of mine when I had RS4 reps, but realised that I liked the look without the caps. This may not seem important, but it means that I'm sure I've got 3 caps sat somewhere in my garage. If you want one, I'll dig it out. You'll have to pay postage or meet somewhere. Let me know

thanks for the support guys, hamski have sent u a PM.

If they were checking out my locking nuts, they could have at least left the cap!!.

I`m going to put a sticker on my alloys - up the arm.... Locking wheels nuts inside.. see owner for details.

[ QUOTE ]
www.vagparts.co.uk sell them for like £14 each - its not worth getting upset about IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume vagparts are sellling original centre caps? He has replicas so they probably wouldn't match.

He would need to buy 4 which obviously puts the cost up.

Its not the end of the world as you say but it is a pain in the ****..

I suppose if he did take the plunge now and buy 4 original caps and then modify them to fit, at least when it happens again he only needs to buy one genuine one!

Just for info, I tried one of my replica centre caps on his replica wheel and they wouldn't fit!