Tyre Prices

nugpot

Reaction score
Hi all

Just changed my front two tyre and bought them from Kwik-Fit and after a discount offered they cost me £119.00 each, but today I was in Costco and asked for a cost of the same tyres, they would have charged £110.00 fitted and balanced.

Tyres:

Mich Pilot Sport 255 24 17 91y

good year f1 225/40 18 fitted and balanced for 114!! local tyre shop

That's a good price for such a bizarre sized tyre, didn't know Michelin did tyres with a 24 profile. I trust you mean 225/45/17?
Still too expensive, I just had 2 new Goodyear F1's fitted/balanced on my A4 225/40/18's and they were only £112 each for a better tyre in a more expensive size. The 17's should be around £95 each.

Dont you mean 225/45/17?

Not 255?

I was offered F1-GSD3 for £99 all in for that size, but the same place wanted £123 for the Pilot Sport 2.

Hmmmm... ''local tyre fitters''

Not heard of them before. Not gypsies in a layby by any chance?

Sounds good.

Got folks in Crowthorne / Camberley. Maybe tie in a family visit with getting tyres next time!!

"Sorry Gran, can't come down yet - still too much tread left!"

nope it's next to the rubbish dump on longshot lane (I think) and lets just say you wouldn't think to take your nice shiney car there, but the guys do a great job and seem to get lots of repeat business probably the only car place I would recommend without hesitation, that said you can be in for a wait if you get there at the wrong time.

I'll echo that sentiment - took mine there in the summer and got fitted out with 4 of Bracknell's finest for £85each! Waited about an hour and a half but managed to make good use of the greasy spoon at the side.