Double din

rosscopeeco13

Reaction score
I have an 02 plate s3 it has a symphony 6 disc front loader in it can I fit a double din straight ? Sorry in advance if this has been asked , ( newbie alert ) lol

You will need a facia adapter for the A4 and trim it to fit, you dont get a direct fit facia for the A3/S3.

You will need a facia adapter for the A4 and trim it to fit, you dont get a direct fit facia for the A3/S3.

Not true.
you do or did.

They are rare but they are out there.

A4, A6 will fit with some trimming maybe a A8 but I'm looking in to this at the moment.

My mate is an auto sparky so he is on the case he said he can get one for an 03 plate a3 is that the same

My mate is an auto sparky so he is on the case he said he can get one for an 03 plate a3 is that the same

Depends if its a 8L or a 8P.

8Ls ran the RNS-d and 8Ps used the RNS-e.

The correct A3 8L RNS-d is a simple bolt in job really.

All others (RNS-d from a A4 or RNS-e from a newer A3) will all need some trimming or extensions added to the face.

I'm not looking at oem I only need a stereo for streaming music and hands free lads

He did not mention OEM or Aftermarket Double DIN radios, Im talking about when fitting a aftermarket radio.

Ahh with the opp saying
can I fit a double din straight
and you mentioning the fascia from a A4 I assumed he was wanting a RNS- of some sort.

Sorry.

I'm not looking at oem I only need a stereo for streaming music and hands free lads

Aftermarket ones will be easy enough then.
Like Sidey said, you'll need a facia adapter.

There are loads of 03 plate A3 facia adaptors. I assume they are on about the 8Ps.

I tried to track an 8l adapter down a couple of weeks back without luck, in the end I just got the A4 one. Took about an hour with a dremel to get a near perfect fit, half that if you want an ok fit. I'd recommend a Pioneer Avic (I've previously always been a Kenwood man). I'm very impressed with it, the main reason for the switch was a lot of the Kenwoods have front USB which I hate.