DSG Map - South West

NICKK

Reaction score
Hi all.

Looking for a bit of advice on a 140 DSG remap. I understand that it needs a slightly customised map to keep the torque slightly lower in 1st and 2nd to prevent the DSG box giving up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I am based in Wiltshire just off the M4 between Swindon and Bath/Bristol.
Can anyone recommend a company local or local ish to me that have the knowledge etc with a dsg map.

Thanks in advance
Nick

See if Badger 5 will do a map for you, thorough guy & a site sponsor.

Hello bud. Thanks for the reply.. I have not a clue what you mean?! Sorry. Only just joined.

Nickk

Ok, badger 5 is a place in Gloucester around an hour from me. Any site sponsors on here I can contact?

Yeah, look for Bill, he owns the place. If you look near the bottom of the homepage badger5 is in the site sponsors

Cheers for that bud.

any more people in the know how with regards to dsg maps around the Bath/Bristol/Swindon area?

You don't need to know anyone else mate. Badger5 is like the Rtech for the southwest.

Reactions: NHN
Haha ok mate. I shall make an enquiry :) thank you

As above, he is probably the closest to you I know of, with good working knowledge.

I would give him a phone 1st as very few places remap the DSG on a diesel..........petrol not a problem but diesels seem to be a bit of a leg iron when it comes to their DSG. The majority of places seem to shy away from it whereas on the S3 it goes part n parcel with the remap.

I know for definite Shark Performance do it and Rick @ Unicorn does it and thats all I have heard.

To keep the torque lower he needs a remap for the engine, not the box.
I understand that what NICKK wants is to protect the gearbox from damaging due to high torque. Or I may be wrong...