Installing a sat nav

boardy1987

Reaction score
Hi guys. I was wondering if there would be alot of work involved I installing a sav nav radio/cd player. I seen some genuine ones on ebay for the 03 audi a4 quattro. It has the standard radio and climate control. Also how can I drop the climate control unit safely without wercking it?

Kind regards
Ryan

You wanting to fit a standard RNS-d or RNS-e unit?
Or even going after market?

You got double din or single din unit?

Quattrojames did a thread about fitting a RNS-d to his A4. That might help you.

I have a pdf of all you need to do a RNSE install, i personaly went the aftermarket route and fitted a Kenwood media unit, sat-nav, dvd player, bluetooth, tv, if interested send me your email addy and i'll forward you the pdf and a couple of pics if my unit if required.

My email is r-y-a-n-b87@hotmail.co.uk. thanks mate. I jus seen some on ebay and it said audi sat nav. Mines a single din unit I will need to drop the climate control unit. Is that a hard job to do? I have no idea if its a rns-d or e. Whats the best to go for. Need advice guys lol

The pdf will show you a step by step guide, it's not quite as easy as just dropping the climate unit down you will need to change the cage to a double dinn one for starters, as for RNSD/E that is all down to personal preference and what you actualy want it to do, i found it too limited for my needs so went aftermarket, i'll forward on some pics for you.

Cheers matey much appreciated im goanna have a look and see what there is and read more into it before I do anything rash.