location of 409 relay am i in the right place

islay

Reaction score
hi guys i have a 99 1.8t agu i have had a few issue's recently and i thought it might be the fuel pump relay on its road out , bought on and opened up the panel underneath the steering wheel expecting to just swap over the 409 but there is no 409 there am i in the right place.? there is a spare location in between 100 and 167i will try and include a pic with this,
DSCF8488
DSCF8489

cheers lee that would be magic just wondering if there was a diagram anywhere that would say what relay's should be where

Are you sure 167 isn't the fuel pump relay bud that's its normal location I'm sure

just been on vagcat lee it says 167 is the "
(10)191906383C
contact close relay / for fuel pump / relay location/code no.: / F >> 8L-W-999 000*
4/167 /
but it also says 409 is the "
(10)1J0906383B
relay for fuel pump / relay location/code no.: / F 8L-X-000 001>>
4/409 /
is there a difference between the "relay for the fuel pump" and the "contact close relay/for fuel pump" or should i have both?

I think you will have one or the other mate tbh I will double check this tomorrow for you buddy

cheers lee maybe ive bought the wrong one do you think i could replace the 167 with a 409 if it fits?

Most of the agu's have relay 167 instead of 409 number relay mate.
167 is the fuel pump relay of a golf. I replaced that relay with a new one when I had fuel pump problems and it sorted it. 167 and 409 are the same relay

thanks guys i phoned audi and they said that it should be a 409 for my chassis number but the 409 seems to have more connectors on it will it be ok to put a 409 in? as thats the one i have

right guys just an update as it might help someone else i have changed the 167 for the 409 and took it for a spin , going alot better now so finger's crossed only time will tell i think ,i'll put in an update in a week

Hi guys, my car cut out the other day. Won't start now, its an '01 S3. I suspect its the Fuel Pump Relay as the fuel pump cannot be heard priming when ignition is turned on. When i removed the lower dash trim today i found the exact same positioning of the relays as the pictures above. So far this thread has answered a few of my questions (THANK YOU) as i had also expected to see a 409 relay, where the 167 currently sits. Could somebody just confirm for me, should my car have a 409 and should I go and get that part, replace it and then see what happens? its only a $30 part so cheap enough. Thanks in advance

I too have just found this these on Google! Most helpful.

Wi save me getting annoyed and searching everywhere for a 409 when I swap mine out tomorrow!