2001 Lights on 1999 A3 (tried search)

my friend got the Inpro Angel eyes for his Golf he said the lighting was worst than b4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Now to get back on topic is settle around the forums or can one of the mods pm me his email addy?

cheers
Costa...

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Im considering the angel eye lights... Dont want them for the angle eyes, but because they are projectors, dont mean cutting anything, and still look good! Couldnt care less about the angle eyes to be honest!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you will have a HID kit spare Rich?

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Im considering the angel eye lights... Dont want them for the angle eyes, but because they are projectors, dont mean cutting anything, and still look good! Couldnt care less about the angle eyes to be honest!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you will have a HID kit spare Rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

no... cos they will go in these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
my friend got the Inpro Angel eyes for his Golf he said the lighting was worst than b4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They really cant ber any worse than the standard A3 headlamps... they are shockibgly bad! Even with my HID kit in them, they are still average!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:

Now to get back on topic is settle around the forums or can one of the mods pm me his email addy?

cheers
Costa...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry this is on topic your post to find out where he is, is in another thread. But your answer is no i dont know his email addy. Sorry fella.

well im stuck as i can get the headlight to sit flush except where the indicator meets the wing theres a .5mm gap in between

Reason is i cant push the headlight in cos the bumper rail is in the way. Now what i want to know did Settle cut any of the bumper rail off?

Or do something that ive forgotten to do????

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
well im stuck as i can get the headlight to sit flush except where the indicator meets the wing theres a .5mm gap in between

Reason is i cant push the headlight in cos the bumper rail is in the way. Now what i want to know did Settle cut any of the bumper rail off?

Or do something that ive forgotten to do????

[/ QUOTE ]

Got any pics? What bumper rail do you mean?

Rich

its 5mm

im talking about this part (to me it looks like its been trimmed but i want to confirm)

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
its 5mm

im talking about this part (to me it looks like its been trimmed but i want to confirm)

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like its been trimmed to me too!

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Looks doubtfull - I have an idea though...

Hack away hahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

I did cut bumper rail out. It is not a big cut just to clear the space. But I made the new leg to support the Headlight (there are three supports unlike old one).

Sorry that I have no pic to show you, mate. Hope that you can sort it out. Let me know if you need more info.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i hacked an they are in sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

will post pics later

some crappy pics

CIMG0772.JPG

CIMG0774.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
some crappy pics

CIMG0772.JPG

CIMG0774.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks fantastic bud! Nice job!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
cheers mate btw any news on that race logic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all installed and fully functional, but i need to setup the software side of things.... Things like the reference points on the ABS sensor rings front and rear at speed... need to get them accurate at high speed so that it will work properly. Basically just needs calibrating but that is my plan for saturday so i will report back when its working!

Rich

awesome keep us posted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW have u raced ur car 1/4 mile yet without the race logic?

Interested to see what u get with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If its good value may get it for me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
awesome keep us posted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW have u raced ur car 1/4 mile yet without the race logic?

Interested to see what u get with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If its good value may get it for me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will definately do!

Only been on a proper track..no 1/4 mile yet.. probably wont be til next year now when the weather gets a bit better and i recoupe some funds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

With a boost leak, i managed a 5.9s 0-60... This was shifting into 2nd at 3500rpm from first... i.e not yet in the power band... With traction it would be good for high 4's easy!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Sweeeet!

What ya rekon rich? Angel or these?

1.8T how hard was the whole install?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a tough one! Im split between which to go for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Not hard just trim the side wings slightly and trim the bumper rails and ur sweet.

I like these over Angels as Angel eyes are a BMW thing, plus the angel eyes are a 2 piece headlight where these ones are a 1 piece and loook way smoother than the old 2 piece ones

nah didnt make another support cos they fit quiet good in the headlight

Man i love xenons i feel like king of the road with my lights a blazing!

271628-CIMG0772.JPG

271629-CIMG0774.JPG

I'm with you Rich - Im split but XXX1.8T has a point to a degree as it is a BMW thing!!

Well I think I may justify the extra price of the all in 1 lights from VAGParts (£130.00 each i think?) and a little cuttin. IMO it doesnt look tht hard TBH, and as we have had peoples solutions we should be OK!

With the fenders i used metal scissors to trim the wings

then with the rails just a hand hack saw

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
2 questoins:

Hand held hacksaw or electric?

What size & grade blade?

Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably the way im going to go now i;ve thought about it. I know that the quality of these lights is going to be good... Maybe we can arrange a discount somehow.

I intend on using my dremel with a cutting disc to cut the wing.

Rich

once you have Xenons you will decide it is worth any hassle to upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
once you have Xenons you will decide it is worth any hassle to upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Already have xenons...But want them in projectors! Angel look good but the quality is still a question mark...

Rich

hello everyone
bit late now!! sorry i don't get on the forums much now, but it looks like you've sorted out what to cut from the wing and bumper rails, but if anyone did need any help my email is s3tle@hotmail.com
thanks
chris

[ QUOTE ]
BIGT said:
Why not have the best of both worlds and order 1 piece Angel Eye headlights from Carisma Style.

They do a one piece Angel Eye lamp for about £260.00 squids all in for the pair. Stick Carisma in a search engine - if i knew how to post pics i would post a pic of them they look really nice!!!!

BigT

[/ QUOTE ]

BigT - we are talking about the comparison(s) of Angel Eyes to that of the facelift ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif the main hesitation is nobody knows for sure how good a quality they are!

Rob