2.0 fsi (non turbo) hesitant revs

Smaler

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can shine any light on this on going problem i have with my car. (2.0 fsi non turbo 150. 2004)
Basically when engine is running on light load i.e gentle throttle i can feel a slight hesitation. It can be seen by the needle also jumping around by 200-300 rpm. It only seems to show up when the revs are above 1.8k and engine has been running for 5 mins+ and will keep doing it until 3.5k ish. Also when holding the revs constant while stationary at around 2.5k the revs will just randomly drop down 200-300 rpm then slowly climb back up. I have replaced all the coil packs and this has not stopped it.
Changed fuel filter. Had diagnostics on it and no faults show up.
Dont no what else it could be?
Thanks in advance
Ross

It could be the mass flow air meter (MAF). It can mis-read & still be within the expected parameters so it doesnt log a fault. You can disconnect the multiplug to it & see if runs smoother without it. The only problem is if you dont have your own code reader you will left with an error though im not sure if it will show on the cluster or only if you scan the car, the old 8L didnt show on the dash but havent had to try it on the 8P model. The MAF can sometimes be cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol if its just dirty.

Following problem above, I have had the car checked again for fault codes and one has come up.

P0011; bank1: camshaft A (intake) ****** setpoint not reached (over advanced)

Could this be causing the problem? Where do i go from here?