A Little Twitchy in the snow is the 3.2 !

• Thread starter imported_S_Line
  • Start date
I

imported_S_Line

Goodness me !

Been out in the snow over the past few days.
And found the INSTANT power of the 3.2 a bit overkill on the icy roads, I feel the option of a 2nd gear pull away should have been available, even the slightest push ont he throttle sent the wheels spinning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know its difficult enough to pull away smoothly in the wet as its Instant Power Down, but in the snow this does really show even more.
How are other 3.2 Drivers finding it ?

Anyone Floored it in the snow and wish they cant as there's no abort Button ? LOL !!! it takes what seems forever for that v6 to rev back down ! LOL !

Don't you have a snow button on DSG?

I'm just uploading a video of me having a play in a 3.2 manual. To be honest the power didn't seem as instant as my S4. I managed to go from no throttle to full throttle back to no throttle without the ECU noticing (i.e. a quick stamp on the throttle).

Video will be up when google have verified it.

Yeah had a bit of fun on the ice a few days ago, but nothing to do with having a 3.2. Mine is the manual and 1st gear is very short which does make it hard sometimes to pull away smoothly.

However letting the clutch bite gradually with no throttle got me moving nice and gracefully in the icy carpark at work, then straight into 2nd again with no throttle then apply power gradually, pulled away without any wheelspin drama. Have pulled away on ice using 2nd also with no throttle, seemed quite managable.

Nope no Snow Button /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif on the DSG.

Dont get me wrong it was fine, but took hell of alot of concentration to pull away without nicely.
Could not find a car park to have some fun though. Cant wait for your video clip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How big is it ? i can host it instantly if required

It's not that big and not that long. It'll be available soon.

In the mean time, this is what an S4 does in the snow : HERE

great clip mate, shame you didnt have someone taking a clip outsie aswell as those Revolutions looked very quick !

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha - superb clip!!!

You must have been dizzy after that!

Great soundtrack BTW - I've got a subwoofer attached to my PC and your S4 sounds like a tank!!

Great work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I've been having the same problems in my GTI, THERE NEEDS TO BE A SNOW BUTTON!!!
it's mad!

My manual 3.2 was never a problem though, just used to pull away in 6th! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny!! nice video and what a glorious sound, one thing a 2.0T A3/S3 will NEVER have, ah well, such is life!!!!!!!!

Cool video, but best not watched if your feeling a little worse for wear...

I've not the Quattro but do have DSG in my Tdi and got the chance to have a burn around in the snow a few days ago. I was actually impressed with the way it drove, managed to get it off the line with little or no problems. Just kept it in manually to keep the revs nice and low...

As soon as I got back I did find an excuse to go for a drive in Claires car, RWD, little or no weight, mid engined and no traction control. God her car just pirouttes at the slightest hint of a turn on the steering wheel, good fun but not so sure I would want to be out in it for any length of time...

J.

I've posted in General Chat. In there you'll find the small 3.2 video along with a load more of mine.

What tires are you running, S-Line? That will have a huge impact...

I've driven mine in anger last week in Paris after the snow storm... HUGE fun!

A 4.6 X5 pulled up next to me at a red light, and I just knew he'd try get past me before the lane-merge 400ft further... Well he didn't! What did surprise me though is that with ESP off and all four tires spinning (I have crap summer tires on), the car got sideways (rear to the right) and stayed that way through 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Should have ssen the rooster tails coming off the rear wheels woohhooo!!!!

X5 driver turned out to be nice: he followed me to the next light and asked what kind of car it was ;-)

Lemme go find a few 3.2 Quattro Ice videos.