Fracking car!!! EGR Cooler Blown Off

Wrath

Reaction score
Mainly to vent my frustrations but I now need to fork out over £400 as my car thought it time for a large bill. Set off from work, after a minute a huge popping noise and a terrible, and I mean terrible, blown exhaust noise. Luckily a decent indie is round the corner and managed to limp the ****** to there. Diagnosis = EGR pipe blown off and the replacement part is £300. ***! ARGH! ARGH! ****** CAR!!!! ARGH!!!!

Sorry to hear of this Wrath but by now we must be surely expecting yet another bill around the corner from our B7 cars? My car is having a replacement turbo on Thursday as the current unit has expired after just 85,000 very careful miles , geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The joys of diesel ownership! Joking aside, that's fecking expensive Mucker....but when it comes to owning modern diesels of any brand....it's always ****** expensive! The EGR bypass sounds like good value if doable.

Cheers
A

Thanks for the responses. Yep, you are right Paul, it probably is about time for a bill and you are right Mol, German cars are expensive to keep. I am naturally a half empty kinda guy but it happened outside work, next to an indie, close to home when I wasn't busy doing anything and not halfway down the country. Any car has problems and I suppose this one isn't fatal and it is 8 year old. In that time a Ford would've just expired, however I still grieve the cost of the whole balancer shaft issue from years ago.

this happened to mine!

I got the lads in the shop at work the braise it together, marked up were the pipe needed to be and they braised it.

Bit of extra holding power on it now and its been fine ever since