Limbo's S3.... Never Ending BT Build Thread :)

Yeh I bought it from james's setup, ah I understand now, I just drove the car to unit20 which is about 10mile from me with the maf unplugged and the car felt fine... was a little bit hesistant when you first touch the throttle but then drives fine :s I have access to vagcom now so I could log if that would help? Just dont know which bits to log never done before...

also bill do you mean unplug maf and just block vac pipe from top of dv.

Would the fact I have standard maf fitted to my bigger soze tip affect it at all?

But your not eliminating anything.

The incorrect maf feeds the ECU garbage figures, you've not proved if the original maf was faulty, you've just made things worse by adding another variable.

If the existing tune on the ECU is for the stock S3 maf, then the only thing you should be connecting to it is a stock S3 MAF.

That would be a valid option.

Or you could do some logging with the existing S3 maf to see if there are any signs that its faulty, such as odd fuel trims.

In reality, its impossible to diagnose things like this over the internet when your starting from an unknown point. If it was a working car which has been unaltered for years and suddenly broke, you could work thru possibilities. But with this theres just too many variables. You need to take the car to someone who knows what they're doing so they can get their hands on the car and figure out whats going on.

Think il try another s3 maf tomorrow see how it reacts. Or any codes come up. I will log if it runs ok with it.

Just need to get a about 200-300 more miles on her then shes off to bill for mapping etc im guessing I carnt keep driving it with the maf unplugged or can I?

I wish there was someone around here but there isnt everyone is miles away!

you need to run maf size AND injectors for which your existing map is expecting.
changing one without the other is going to cause all manner of fuel scale issues..

Just a thought....are you using S3 injectors still?

If so isn't it very possible you could be running lean maxxing the injectors with your very free flowing setup compared to a K04?

Yes standard s3 maf and injectors are in currently... going to try this other s3 maf.. but atm car drives ok with maf unplugged only going half thorttle around 5psi.

Need to get logging maybe to find out fueling etc? What logs/blocks is it? Never done before. .

I read up that you can drive with maf unpluged on my narrowband s3? Just dont want to go WOT.

Il be happy if I could just get couple hundred more miles like this then im sure when bill gets hold of it with me new bigger maf and injectors the remap will sort everything....

Just been an tested my maf wiring... one is with ignition on other is with car running.

Im not a genius with wiring... .how do these figures look?

Yes standard s3 maf and injectors are in currently... going to try this other s3 maf.. but atm car drives ok with maf unplugged only going half thorttle around 5psi.

Need to get logging maybe to find out fueling etc? What logs/blocks is it? Never done before. .

I read up that you can drive with maf unpluged on my narrowband s3? Just dont want to go WOT.

Il be happy if I could just get couple hundred more miles like this then im sure when bill gets hold of it with me new bigger maf and injectors the remap will sort everything....

your cars narrowband?
did'nt realise that... ewww...

you are going wideband tho yes?? please say yes ***.. lol

I believe it is narrowband!? :s im not planning on going wideband no sorry... no time or funds. . Done abit of reading and its harder for mapping to adjust fuel air ratio or something? And egt as standard? Iv had a egt fitted but it wasnt standard..

What do you think of those electrical tests I done bill? Does it seem right? I would of thought I should of had different readings in the 2 wires that dont change when cars turned on!? Ta.

Narrow band and EGT??? I assume its a seperate gauge or something like a Vems?

APY narrow band has no provision for EGT...

<tuffty/>

big update been busy with trying to get the car finished ready for dropping off to bill on tuesday.

last couple weeks i havnt used the car. but had plenty to do such as :-

- 80mm stud coversion kit
-15mm spacers all round
-3sdm 0.01 8.5j and 9.5j with suited tire sizes all round
-17mm open end nuts (gunmetal)
-new AP coilovers +new droplinks
-had rear part of exhuast modified with new custom powerflow backbox alot quiter :)
-wired in a switch to control inline fuel pump dont really know why just like the idea
-scroth 4 point buckle harnesses for quick fitting (track days etc)
-also had all new haldex / gearbox / diff oil and earth strap fitted
-had my TIP pipe powedercoated
-new bigger K&N air filter
-removed washer bottle and fitting new small one ( catch can now fits alot better )

sooo been busy! theres still a few things i want to do but havnt got time or funds atm. like my charge pipe need a bracket making upto hold it propely but plan is over winter the car will be geting bodywork treated as front bumper and headlights are crap currently!

hopefully car is ready for bill to get to work with im dropping it off with him then going on holiday to greece so i dont think il be relaxing much as i just hope nothing goes wrong :s

few photos...

Last edited:
Reactions: StaceyS3
I believe it is narrowband!? :s im not planning on going wideband no sorry... no time or funds. . Done abit of reading and its harder for mapping to adjust fuel air ratio or something? And egt as standard? Iv had a egt fitted but it wasnt standard..

What do you think of those electrical tests I done bill? Does it seem right? I would of thought I should of had different readings in the 2 wires that dont change when cars turned on!? Ta.

big update been busy with trying to get the car finished ready for dropping off to bill on tuesday.

last couple weeks i havnt used the car. but had plenty to do such as :-

- 80mm stud coversion kit
-15mm spacers all round
-3sdm 0.01 8.5j and 9.5j with suited tire sizes all round
-17mm open end nuts (gunmetal)
-new AP coilovers +new droplinks
-had rear part of exhuast modified with new custom powerflow backbox alot quiter :)
-wired in a switch to control inline fuel pump dont really know why just like the idea
-scroth 4 point buckle harnesses for quick fitting (track days etc)
-also had all new haldex / gearbox / diff oil and earth strap fitted
-had my TIP pipe powedercoated
-new bigger K&N air filter
-removed washer bottle and fitting new small one ( catch can now fits alot better )

sooo been busy! theres still a few things i want to do but havnt got time or funds atm. like my charge pipe need a bracket making upto hold it propely but plan is over winter the car will be geting bodywork treated as front bumper and headlights are crap currently!

hopefully car is ready for bill to get to work with im dropping it off with him then going on holiday to greece so i dont think il be relaxing much as i just hope nothing goes wrong :s

few photos...

What's bill doing to it while you are chilling on a beach ? Lol