damaged my s3 today

mrfaststu

Reaction score
went out today in the s3 was fine then had a youngish lad lost it on a corner coming towards me i swerved to avoid being hit in the side and ended up going head on into wall and got this damage to it
005-5.jpg

004-7.jpg

so as you can guess im pretty peed of at the mo and not sure weather to repair it break it or sell on as it is.
I have already stripped it down and it needs a bonnet,front bumper,both headlights,both rads,front slam panel and front bumper bar, the fans would prob go again the intercoolers and piipe work got no damage.
the car has black electric leather recaros, decat, bbs copies, forge dv, decat and as far as i know standard power with 113k on the clock and recently had a gearbox fitted and everything works and runs fine, but like i say have lost a bit if interest in it now and not sure whats best to do

Sorry to hear this, especially that it wasn't really your fault! Not sure what to advise really, probably best to break it I guess, can't imgine how you feel though...

I feel your pain bro, not nice at all, i take it there is nothing you can do about the on coming car that made you take action?

dont think so as there was no contact between either of us

i would have let the div hit me

Reactions: Big Bang Yam
I hope the tube in the other car smashed his aswell seeing as he cause you to damage yours or at least a hard kick in the balls, what was he driving and I would have reported it as you could claim somehow .......oh my neck:slapped:

Hummm.... false 'neck injury' claims are the bain of the insurance world... there are gangs of people that actively go out to cause accidents where innocent drivers end up crashing into the back of said perpetrators vehicles so that they can get personal injury claims from the innocent driver... so lets not have any talk of doing the same here... :angrymod:

If you are genuinely injured and this other driver was the cause (the fact he lost control causing you to take avoiding action does not mean you do not have a claim) then you should at least put a claim in to his insurance company...

I suggest you seek advice from your insurance company (assuming this is an avenue you can take)... always a pain in situations like this when blame is not clear cut but I hope you get a decent result from it...

<tuffty/>

I wasnt injured nor was my boy just the car and dont want to make a claim if i can help it as got a wonderful insurance for me,wife,anybody to do with me or my family etc for any car and was sensible money so dont want to put the price of that up, Ive just been offered a complete front panel including the rads and fan for £50 a mates got a bonnet and crash bar for me for nothing, so just got to find a front bumper and hid lights (pre facelift)at mo

Repair it mate don't be put of second hand bits an you should be okay sorry to hear about the accident

Actually, i know someone who smashed their car up for exactly the same reason and was told that as there was no contact they didnt have a claim against the third party. You should only take avoiding action if it is safe to do so. I understand why you did it though, I would just out of instinct, and am sorry you came off the worse :(

his came off worse than mine i could drive away and was only a few miles from home so wasnt to bad going to get a bonnet this afternoon hopefully

Sounds like you are getting things sorted mate, dont be put off, repair it and carry on with it, it doesnt sound as bad as it looks.

Main thing is you and the little one are ok, cars are repairable and replaceable :)

Sorry to hear this mate.I'm in the same boat as you. I plan to repair mine as its fixable.you should do the same.glad you and your son are ok though

Fixable? - yes.
Pain in the ****? - yes.
Worth doing? - yes.

But.. If you decide to break - give me a nudge as I'm after a couple bits :p

center posted is the easiest fix, you were lucky, but its still the other guys fault, but i doubt his ins will pay out

Thanks for all the messages guys its great and keeps the moral up and helping me decide to keep the car and bring it back to life.

just seems like a lot of us guys have had a bit of bad luck with crashes and smashes over the past month or so lol.
just before i got the car i had 3 people say to me dont get one in green its bad luck but i never been superstious until know with it 1st needing another gearbox,clocks losing there display and now this, but it starting to make me feel like it now , the lad whos going to paint it for me (a favor he owes me) said he is prepared to do a whole colour change if i want, if i did im not sure what colour id go, id want something subtle but different but will prob keep it the colour it is.

@Routeledge if you after bits my mate breaks cars for a living generally light damaged ones let me know what you after and i can find out from him as long as its not the bits im after lol

Green has been growing on me over the last few years. See my sig for similar gearbox woes. ;)

Bad luck mate. I am in process of breaking a pre facelift S3 and have lights, bumper etc so if you need anything PM me.....

hi guys i got the front end of my car sttripped down during the start of the week and when i was at my mates scrap yard yesterday he had a A3 come in with rear end damage and with him being a nice kind guy said take what i want of if so i helped myself to the complete slam panel with rad pack and fans, facelift headlights with hid and ballasts,bonnet, and the front bumper(all was free) ok so the front bumpers not a s3 bumper but its straight and will get the car back on the road,
Im going to go outside as soon as it stops raining and going to but it back together will update a bit later with more pics and how many times i cut my knuckles etc :lmfao:then i can go pick the wifes new car up found a seat ibiza 1.4 51 plate from my mates yard tax 1 owner and a broken headlight for £350 which i didnt think was bad:happy: