Fitted jetex cone now got ESP light on

Goubo1

Reaction score
This morning I fitted a jetex cone filter and heats held to my s3 mtm conversion,I fitted the cone then started up the car and noticed the ESP light was on so I opens the bonnet up and seen i forgot to plug the maf in so plugged it back in turned the car off then back on and the ESP light is still on

I took the car for a quick drive and the light has not went off so I checked all the bits that plug into the tip and all seem ok,is this purely coincidence or could the maf/cone filter cause this ?

​Hope you get it sorted. If you need it vcds scanned, let me know and i will sort you out someone local. :) x

Reactions: Goubo1
Scan for fault codes... I would say MAF though... I assume its plugged in?

<tuffty/>

Scan for fault codes... I would say MAF though... I assume its plugged in?

<tuffty/>

its plugged in now tuffty,it was only unplugged when I first started the car after fitting the filter and shield,when I seen the ESP light on I had a look and noticed the maf was unplugged so plugged it back in

Could it be that because I forgot to plug it in before starting the car up its threw a fault code and put the light on and now the maf is plugged back in it will just require clearing and the the light will stay off ?

Might be the case... ESP light will come on if the MAF isn't working as expected (signal too low or open circuit etc) as is used as part of the ESP functionality (load reduction)

Scan for faults will say for sure... if no codes come up in the engine module do a full scan..

<tuffty/>

VCDS cable holders closest to you if you need a scan to clear your faults

david_philips95 - he is in kilmarnock

vroomtshh - he is also in kilmarnock

gazthesparky - he is in glasgow

ianfm- he is in glasgow

boomkim1 - he is in cambuslang

sideways steve - he is in paisley

bluequattro - he is in greenock

hektor - he is in glasgow

VCDS cable holders closest to you if you need a scan to clear your faults

david_philips95 - he is in kilmarnock

vroomtshh - he is also in kilmarnock

gazthesparky - he is in glasgow

ianfm- he is in glasgow

boomkim1 - he is in cambuslang

sideways steve - he is in paisley

bluequattro - he is in greenock

hektor - he is in glasgow

thanks Sandra,the light went off its self after I used the car a few times today :)

I was going to suggest disconnecting the battery for 10 mins or so, it usually clears simple fault codes such as those :)

​Glad you got it all sorted out. :) x