APR 3.2 ECU upgrade

mookster

Reaction score
Website
skewer.co.uk
Been having a look on the APR site and the ECU upgrades they offer. Looks to be a reasonable deal.

So the question is, has anyone here had the upgrade on the 3.2 and how did they find it? Reading through the details it states that different ECU settings (eg. for different fuel grades) can be accessed via the cruise control controls. I don't have cruise on mine so would assume I can't do the different mode bit. Another way I've considered to get round it is to fit a later multifunction swteering wheel and just wire it into that (appreciating it would more than likely be nowhere near as easy as that).

Intention would be to sort an exhaust, probably Miltek, maybe go for a sports cat, and a performance filter. The quoted gains in lower down torque and smoothness look worth while :yum:

I once tried to get the APR upgrade for my old 3.2 but at the time it was unavailable, tbh though I only really wanted it for the anti-theft as I don't think the 3.2 will map that well. If I was you I would get cruise fitted so you can take advantage of the different programs plus you will get cruise too!
Using the buttons on a mfsw is a no no as they can't be remapped, the signals from them are fed through the canbus

Hmmm. Not that fussed for cruise if I'm honest, and a simple 98 map would suffice. Only thing now is I've found the AMD map which is currently being offered at half price if you get a Miltek exhaust - another item already on my wishlist :think:

Interesting to see another option, and I'm guessing by your sig that you run this upgrade. Not much detail on the website about it and I'm not sure if they have any UK dealers :ermm: If you have any more details or impressions feel free to voice them.

I'm leaning more towards the AMD option at present, simply because they have the offer together with the exhaust, and I could also bung in a panel filter and Eibach Pro Kit springs while I'm at it and try for a bulk deal :salute:

Looked at remaps myself a little while back but never went with anything. Shark and amd looked like good options, but the only real claimed performance gains was custom codes vvt attack map. Make sure you post up if you get anything done though, I will get mine mapped eventually.

No problem mate, will do :)

Not expecting huge gains, doubt much could be done without spending silly money with an F/I option, but this is my daily. Mainly just looking for the small gains in mpg, torque and smoothness, together with an improvement of the soundtrack with the exhaust. AMD will do a before and after power run so would be interesting to see what the map, filter and exhaust give as a package.