MIGGZ's A3 1.8t - The all rounder build thread

Not really a bad move. Giving people choice is a good move. Word of mouth is the best advertisement and if people asked, I'd tell them where or got it or recommend it. At the end of the day it's your call of course.
Migz why not put your logo on maybe one of the fins (top of fin)?..Therfore it would be small and would still look neat?

I think he means let's say his only using 2 gauges and not three..then make a blank for the third hole so it looks neat?

why not just use drivers vent or i make a insert for just one vent for the center?
having 2 plates or covers might look crap on a triple vent pod

Miggz that gauge holder is awesome mate.

Just an idea, how about you have some vertical wind deflectors pointing towards the driver on one side and the passenger on the other side so the air from the vent doesn't go straight down the middle?

But seriously awesome job!

edit: if you don't mind saying, what 3d printer do you use?

Miggz that gauge holder is awesome mate.

Just an idea, how about you have some vertical wind deflectors pointing towards the driver on one side and the passenger on the other side so the air from the vent doesn't go straight down the middle?

But seriously awesome job!

edit: if you don't mind saying, what 3d printer do you use?

thank you very much

thought about that but not really enough space or it would just be pointless having the slots open as then there is no air flow

as for printer its a ultimaker 2

forgive the 30 second job in paint but I think if you designed it like this

QkopoDE.png

you would have enough room to allow the air to flow and control the direction it flows.

Could be worth a shot, I think you original design would look better but in some cases form > function, and here in Australia where it gets hot, I want that cold air!!

forgive the 30 second job in paint but I think if you designed it like this

QkopoDE.png

you would have enough room to allow the air to flow and control the direction it flows.

Could be worth a shot, I think you original design would look better but in some cases form > function, and here in Australia where it gets hot, I want that cold air!!

ooooo ok i see what you mean now, suppose we could do that only reason it was horizontal was to match the oem setup

Yeah, I think the way you have it now will look more aesthetic, but then controlling the flow of the air would be nice. Just giving you ideas :p

Yeah, I think the way you have it now will look more aesthetic, but then controlling the flow of the air would be nice. Just giving you ideas :p

yeah i hear you, my current one is sealed up and its not that bad lol this flow will work. thank you for the feed back all comments are most welcome

mind saying what software you use as well? I'm just getting into 3d printing, got myself a Creatbot dx. Looking at Cubify Invent as it's cheap and really easy to use

**** this seems like big buck software $$$. Did you buy it or can you access it at work or something?

Any suggestions of software for someone just getting into 3d printing?

I'll give sketch up a go tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.

Cubify invent is cool but quite frustrating in that I can't do some basic tasks!

did a full service on my car for dubrun coming up in a couple of weeks and then saw the 90' out the oil filter housing had a tear and as i pulled it off it broke properly so replaced that

then decided to add some colour

then next up is to clean the bay nicely and im ready for dubrun

Reactions: JOSE8LT
No no NEXT up is taking me for a ride in this beast your engine bay is clean enough haha! Looking awesome man

HIIIIIIIII guys

Been a while, so was prepping car for our annual dubrun and it was awesome
Kratos covered a total of 2200km in 7 days and only had a few issues.

Here are some pics of the run.

1st up was tape up on the thursday night

My cars theme was the joker

And my favorite car was Gareths insane mk5 on air

the drive down was epic
Dyl with his harley quinn and keiren with his inspired worthesa 2015 R

too be continued.....

Reactions: superkarl
Then on saturday it was the Dyno competition and show and shine

I took the 1.8t Dyno class with the closest 1.8t competitor having about 170wkw. I took the class at 244wkw and 444nm at the wheels which is about 327bhp.

We ran the car like 4 times on the dyno as people wanted to see the mani glow and on the 4th run a water hose that i did not shield melted the plastic housing but thanks to Riaz and Uven from stealth and Wikus from Gw delarey we fixed it quickly and in time for the show and shine

Myself and dyl took best theamed tape up design and by the end of that night..... not many of us knew our names

lots of these were flowing

did the some activities after that like shooting and beach time and horse rides

and on the way home i waited for ever for this to happen and i missed it sigh!!!

drive home was cool apart from the last 200km from home inner drivers side CV was giving in so had to snail it home at like 80km/h but made it home safely. I cant wait for next years run

Reactions: JOSE8LT and superkarl